Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Bell and his team were , it seemed to me ,'homers' allowed Rovers players to get away with allsorts.... absolute, stone wall penalty waved away, how could both Bell and his assistant NOT see it was a blatant body check on Shodipo

Bell's inexperience as a league referee was absolutely evident , conned time and again by the home side players
3 from me

Whistle happy and that non penalty decision.

Also, reasonably booked Elliott Moore at the end but in the preceding 10 mins, why didn't he book 2 of their players for equally cynical challenges on Rob Atkinson and Mide Shodipo.

Didn't think he was dreadful until the penalty decision, he knew he made the mistake because he lost it after that.

Bell and his team were , it seemed to me ,'homers' allowed Rovers players to get away with allsorts.... absolute, stone wall penalty waved away, how could both Bell and his assistant NOT see it was a blatant body check on Shodipo

Bell's inexperience as a league referee was absolutely evident , conned time and again by the home side players
3 from me
The ref and the blindsman missed a stonewall penalty, no wonder Robbo was losing the plot if he saw it the ref and the blindsman must have seen it.

For me this was a case, again, of a referee out of depth in terms of the level of football being played. Two teams who have obviously been coached to play a high standard of football at a pace requiring competent officials. Yet again, we were let down by poor decision or no decision making.

The officials didn't cost us the game (we did a good job of that by ourselves) but, they missed the penalty and a lot of nonsense that should have been punished. Being able to blow a whistle and wave a few cards are not the sole qualifications required.

Worst one for a while. Judged it as an "officiating team" and how the Lino missed the pen ...well..... a 3 from me.

Was biased to us for virtually all of the game, don't know if that's why the penalty wasn't given to try and balance it out. Even with his view obscured when contact was made, it was clearly a foul as the ball was nowhere near.

On another note, does anyone (any refs on here?) know why the linesmen at our level are delaying decisions - I get why it occurs when VAR is in use but can think of no benefits at our level.

It was obvious in real time the referee was blinded. Lino/4th official should have helped. In general ref was very poor but actuallly mostly i our favour, we clocked it early doors and ppayef the game - fell over for the FK whenever we got near the donny box.

Was biased to us for virtually all of the game, don't know if that's why the penalty wasn't given to try and balance it out. Even with his view obscured when contact was made, it was clearly a foul as the ball was nowhere near.

On another note, does anyone (any refs on here?) know why the linesmen at our level are delaying decisions - I get why it occurs when VAR is in use but can think of no benefits at our level.
Think its a 'current' directive to not flag until an offside player becomes active in play or something along those lines ?
It wont change until a player/ several players get seriously injured reacting to the offside flag being not being indicated until 'too late'

BTW Im not a referee nor never have been ...though me dad was an Oxfordshire FA level referee when he was younger
(spoke to him on the phone post game- he thinks the current 'late' offside flagging is a disaster waiting to happen)

Probably told to just do throws and offsides by his majesty the referee.
Exactly - IMO there should be an FA directive , or something like that, instructing match referees to actually allow their assistant referees to properly assist them ...that's why the job title changed from linesman to assistant referee , wasn't it?

Think its a 'current' directive to not flag until an offside player becomes active in play or something along those lines ?
It wont change until a player/ several players get seriously injured reacting to the offside flag being not being indicated until 'too late'

BTW Im not a referee nor never have been ...though me dad was an Oxfordshire FA level referee when he was younger
(spoke to him on the phone post game- he thinks the current 'late' offside flagging is a disaster waiting to happen)
Its a serious injury waiting to happen and completely lacking in any significant benefit. And im a big believer in "onside unless blatantly off"

Which begs the question as to why the linesman/ assistant referee failed to assist ?
That replay quite clearly shows that the assistant referee had a clear view and should have flagged and spoken to the ref. Very poor. But that seems to be the way at our level, the assistants are there purely to wave their little flags in agreement with the ref, no independent action allowed.

Its a serious injury waiting to happen and completely lacking in any significant benefit. And im a big believer in "onside unless blatantly off"
not that I know at all , but the 'late' offside flag does seem to smack of PL clubs / officials (with VAR available) 'suggesting' it to the FA/referees assoc etc, probably being behind its introduction in some way?

Back
Top Bottom