League One Doncaster (5th) v Accrington (9th) tonight

Finished 5-0 but surely you have been around football long enough to know this is not how it works.

Hull had 8 shots on target to 2. Sometimes that is just how it goes.
I know stats don't show how a team actually played.

No. Who said we did?
So why does it might if one team plays better than us if we both come away with exactly the same thing?

We played well at the beginning of the season and were undone by individual errors, but 90% of the forum were saying that stats meant nothing and it was all about the results.

Now we're winning games, 9 of the last 10 in the league and have played fantastic in some, but have just scrapped through in others. But they all bring the same 3 points, which is surely all that matters? Or does that not fit with your tiresome negativity?

Agreed.

And I didn’t watch the Hull game, so I will just have to take your word for how good they were [emoji106].
I didn't either. I was responding to the stats you showed for our match, which I did watch. [emoji6]

So why does it might if one team plays better than us if we both come away with exactly the same thing?

We played well at the beginning of the season and were undone by individual errors, but 90% of the forum were saying that stats meant nothing and it was all about the results.

Now we're winning games, 9 of the last 10 in the league and have played fantastic in some, but have just scrapped through in others. But they all bring the same 3 points, which is surely all that matters? Or does that not fit with your tiresome negativity?
That ramble has nothing to do with the point I made.

Keep up the cheerleading.

Sorry, it's very difficult to understand what point you are making!
It you typed less and read more, it would make it easier for yourself.

To help you out, the simple point was we played poorly against Wigan (other teams may also have done so when they played them. Wigan are one off the bottom).

I didn't either. I was responding to the stats you showed for our match, which I did watch. [emoji6]

Then you are not being consistent.

You can’t say the Hull result “demonstrates” how poor we were when all you are doing is looking at their stats. You have just said yourself stats do not necessarily show the whole picture.

If you didn’t watch the Hull game how can you possibly compare their performance against Wigan to ours (which wasn’t that bad imho).

Which is why I said it could have been just one of those games. Maybe they were not actually that great but most of their shots on target happened to go in.

I don’t think we should underestimate our chances for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
Some Wigan results from earlier in the season, if we weren't good, these 2 teams must be bloody terrible...

View attachment 5657
Exactly - good teams will lose to weaker ones, there’s a lot of luck in football which evens out over a season and in League One, there’s often massive inconsistency in a team’s performance from match to match. The trick is to be consistently ‘not bad’ and that will likely get you promoted. 👍

Taking Doncaster as an example, two weeks ago they were nailed on automatic promotion according to many people and they have just lost three games in a row. They were fortunate to beat us in the match before those losses.

On a separate note, that's a great result from Accrington tonight. They've gone away to Lincoln and Doncaster in a week and got 4 points and just keep on going. Definitely shouldn't ignore them as potentials for the auto's yet.

* and we beat them easily so @ljs will obviously proclaim us as world beaters!!!

Yesterday after only our second defeat in 13 games a forum meltdown occured. It now seems that some people are not happy despite winning 11 out of 13 of our last matches, all because we haven't won any 10-0 playing total football, despite the fact that the last few weeks has thrown up some awful weather.

On a separate note, that's a great result from Accrington tonight. They've gone away to Lincoln and Doncaster in a week and got 4 points and just keep on going. Definitely shouldn't ignore them as potentials for the auto's yet.

* and we beat them easily so @ljs will obviously proclaim us as world beaters!!!
If they do get promoted, I would genuinely fear for them in The Championship. Brilliant season so far given resources but......

Yesterday after only our second defeat in 13 games a forum meltdown occured. It now seems that some people are not happy despite winning 11 out of 13 of our last matches, all because we haven't won any 10-0 playing total football, despite the fact that the last few weeks has thrown up some awful weather.
Those people are fantasists.

Back
Top Bottom