Dominic Cummings and goings ....

Should Dominic Cummings stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The other aspect is that, I don`t know so this is a wild assumption, a Special Advisor would also be an employee?
If that is the case then his behaviour falls way, way short of anything near Gross Misconduct - especially in the public sector where it is nigh on impossible to get sacked.
So, if he has admitted his transgression to his boss and received a verbal or, at a push, a written warning that is it.
And the matter would remain confidential under the same employment legislation and public sector policies and procedures.
Ooh lovely. Beautiful use of HR process bureaucracy to justify lack of effective action against bad behaviour. The NHS is safe :)

Ooh lovely. Beautiful use of HR process bureaucracy to justify lack of effective action against bad behaviour. The NHS is safe :)

Its the reality I`m sorry to say.
Unless you do something abundantly stupid (Assault/Theft) then you can generally expect a sharp rap on the knuckles at worst.
As soon as a "Manager" makes the slightest error in the paperwork or process then you are almost guaranteed to walk free without a blemish on your record.
Seen it enough times in 15 years and been called as a witness on several panels.
If its not watertight then it defaults to the bare minimum "punishment".

I think this shows Dominic Cummings has a lot of pride. He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong. He could have made his life a lot easier by just saying "sorry, i messed up" and offered to pay the £30 quid fine or whatever and donate it to charity. I'd imagine things would have largely moved on by now.

I agree with Essex yellows observation he is a high functioning individual. I think even his most vehement critics would struggle to argue he is not a very intelligent man.
Intelligence if used correctly, can be a useful asset to a government. Clearly our government think that is the case.

Mr Cummings May be intelligent but he seems to be lacking common sense. If he wanted to protect his son is it sensible to put your son in the confined space in a car for 4 hours or so with two people one of which is Ill and the other suspecting he will become ill. And later drive a round trip of 60 miles with your wife and son in the car to test if he was safe to drive.
I’m not sure ?

I think this shows Dominic Cummings has a lot of pride. He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong. He could have made his life a lot easier by just saying "sorry, i messed up" and offered to pay the £30 quid fine or whatever and donate it to charity. I'd imagine things would have largely moved on by now.

I agree with Essex yellows observation he is a high functioning individual. I think even his most vehement critics would struggle to argue he is not a very intelligent man.
Intelligence if used correctly, can be a useful asset to a government. Clearly our government think that is the case.

I have no doubt Dominic Cummings is intelligent but he also appears to have a massive ego and can't accept others telling him he is wrong. I agree if he had said "sorry" it would have defused or taken away their ammunition of the critics in the Tory Party at the least imo.

Of course he stays. A far better poll would.ask how
many of us have actually abided with lockdown to the letter..

Of course you have to remember, the slimy Tories have got a 4 1/2 year cushion, before the next election. If the election was coming up NOW, you can be pretty sure Cummings would have been gone. I heard that blow job's (bo Jo's) rating has gone down by 20 per cent over this.

And for an extra 2 part bonus question....

a). Which ones have apologised for their behaviour?, and
b). Which ones used some unbelievable bullshit excuse to try and cover up being caught out breaking the rules they helped to formulate?

b). Which ones used some unbelievable bullshit excuse to try and cover up being caught out breaking the rules they helped to formulate?
No good asking EY, Tory eyesight rules are different to the rest of the country, he won't have seen either of those answers... ?

So saying "Sorry" excuses breaking the guidance then and makes them "Covid Secure" and definitely doesn`t send the wrong message to the public?

If you want one to go, for what the police describe as a minor transgression, then the same should apply to all those who have been caught doing similar or in some cases far worse.

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle........... both black. (in a non-racist, non-gender kind of way before anyone froths).

Back
Top Bottom