Disappearing posters?

Blimey I took some stick on that forum, as soon as they found out I was part of the mod team on here I got turned on by some of the members. I think not wanting Mark Sennett lynched was the biggest sin you could commit on there.

Hi, if any of you are reading đź‘‹
That was an odd time in the history of OUFC themed forums.

For one I loved OxTales TUI and thanks to East Stand Boy for stepping on this platform after the demise of TUI.

Things I remember from past boards:

MarcK I think it was winding someone up, and then someone found his eBay account (before all data was protected) and posted all the sycophantic feedback from him. "The best seller of mattress toppers on eBay" and suchlike.

That thing with the physio from Liverpool.

The Swindon (?) fan on the p*sstake who turned out to be a teenager who posted videos of himself wrestling and the mods had to shut the thread down because of the possibility of it being child abuse.

Monseiur Clichè...though he turned out to be a multi of an established poster.

Blimey I took some stick on that forum, as soon as they found out I was part of the mod team on here I got turned on by some of the members. I think not wanting Mark Sennett lynched was the biggest sin you could commit on there.

Hi, if any of you are reading đź‘‹
Ooh - Yellow Voice! Almost worth a thread of its own. The core people on that forum liked comparing Mark Sennett (OxVox) to a third world dictator, possibly Gaddafi? The bitterness was outstanding!

Probably still exchanging hate messages on the dark web.

Last edited:
Ooh - Yellow Voice! Almost worth a thread of its own. The core people on that forum liked comparing Mark Sennett (OxVox) to a third world dictator, possibly Gaddafi? The bitterness was outstanding!

Probably still exchanging hate messages on the dark web.
Am I correct in thinking that Ken/Karim was involved in the creation of Yellow Voice and also attempted/threatened to sit on the OxVox committee?

Am I correct in thinking that Ken/Karim was involved in the creation of Yellow Voice and also attempted/threatened to sit on the OxVox committee?
He was certainly on there, and posting thousands of words per post... Not sure I managed to get all the way through one of his posts in a single sitting.

Anyone know what happened to Red Ed Horton?

Changed his name and moved to Spain
I had many a political 'discussion' with him during games on the right side of the London Road. He made my political views seem positively Thatcheresque. I'll have to reread his book on the 1994 World Cup, 'The best World Cup money can buy'.

I had many a political 'discussion' with him during games on the right side of the London Road. He made my political views seem positively Thatcheresque. I'll have to reread his book on the 1994 World Cup, 'The best World Cup money can buy'.
Oh you will have stood near me then! I didn’t really engage with Ed but knew some of his circle

Oh you will have stood near me then! I didn’t really engage with Ed but knew some of his circle
Brodders (of course), Ian Davies (hasn't been to a game since Kassam 'let him go'.Don't get that at all).?

Years ago on TIU when I was about 18 I posted a false rumour under the moniker 'John Murray's Eyebrow' that we were signing Garry Parker. Lots to unpick there - realised it was complete folly to carry on with such behaviour soon after clicking 'post'

We got Parker in the end 🤣

Anyone know what happened to Red Ed Horton?

Still pops up now and then on the Guardian’s “The Knowledge” with an Oxford United related fact.

What about poster Simon Lill? Never met him but remember him commenting that although he was a 'gentle giant' he looked big and tough and was sometimes targeted by police if things got a bit 'lively' around OUFC matches.

For the entertainment of those of you bored stiff in the time of Covid restrictions you can find the old TIU threads HERE

There was denissmithswig (who seemed pretty knowledgeable) and the other guy who left this board more or less at the same time (and made scothegg look negative)!

Back
Top Bottom