Disappearing posters?

Who could forget the learned musings of "BackToBasics", "CarlApse", "lordwilliam","Prince of Cumbria","mazz", "hiswansong" and "petetata".......

Who could forget the learned musings of "BackToBasics", "CarlApse", "lordwilliam","Prince of Cumbria","mazz", "hiswansong" and "petetata".......
Well remembered! A regular pain, who was banned several times if I remember rightly, always re-emerging under a new name. That's was before Malc became hot at monitoring new applicants. (I think this poster is still on the forum, but has 'mellowed' ;) ).

Who cares..... unless you actually knew them? You know...in the real world, and that is the thing we are all sorely missing.... talking about football over a pint in a pub or on a train somewhere.

Otherwise they are just chaff in the storm of life...... :)

Who cares..... unless you actually knew them? You know...in the real world, and that is the thing we are all sorely missing.... talking about football over a pint in a pub or on a train somewhere.

Otherwise they are just chaff in the storm of life...... :)
Of the ten names that 'sprang to mind' in my original post, I did actually know four. Would be interested to know what they're doing now, that's all. Sorry for mentioning familiar posting names who I didn't actually know but who were involved in my life, albeit on an internet forum (you miserable git). ;)

Of the ten names that 'sprang to mind' in my original post, I did actually know four. Would be interested to know what they're doing now, that's all. Sorry for mentioning familiar posting names who I didn't actually know but who were involved in my life, albeit on an internet forum (you miserable git). ;)
YES i think Essex Yellows is behind the times in insisting on such a strict real life / online distinction. Some of the people that one engages with regularly here can seem almost real, while some in ones physical life are mere ciphers.

Was also Thamensian at one time. As Pete says, still here under another name.

YES i think Essex Yellows is behind the times in insisting on such a strict real life / online distinction. Some of the people that one engages with regularly here can seem almost real, while some in ones physical life are mere ciphers.
Exactly, hence the shock at the sad passing of Amersham Dave felt by many on the board. We may never have met IRL, but conversed a fair few times on here.

I vaguely knew ‘Hazz/Mazz’ (can’t remember) a bit. He was a bit weird from what I remember (sorry if you’re reading this!)

Exactly, hence the shock at the sad passing of Amersham Dave felt by many on the board. We may never have met IRL, but conversed a fair few times on here.

Difference being a lot of us knew Amersham Dave in the real world, as a person, as a supporter and a friend or acquaintance.

Strange irony that this thread was started by someone who has had more pseudonyms than most including several flounces & announced "departures"...its not an airport...............just go.

Call me an old cynic if you like..... ;) :)

Difference being a lot of us knew Amersham Dave in the real world, as a person, as a supporter and a friend or acquaintance.

Strange irony that this thread was started by someone who has had more pseudonyms than most including several flounces & announced "departures"...its not an airport...............just go.

Call me an old cynic if you like..... ;) :)
YellowHoods, MK Yellow. Don't remember any other forum names I've used, but feel free to access your own memory for more. Left the forum twice. The first time decided I missed it so re-joined. Second time left by accident (you could just press a 'leave' button at the time) and was quickly readmitted by admin when error was realised.

I wouldn't label you a 'cynic', just full of inaccuracies. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom