General Derby takeover

Shosho

Just looking at the possible Derby take over by Erik Alonso brokered by Matt Southall.

Looks dodgy all over with and many EFL eyes on the deal.

Alonso was an advisor at Sheffield Wednesday before putting in a bid to buy the club from Chasiri...Alonso was supposedly backed by an Indonesian consortium.

The above deal fell through, however Alsonso reportedly owns Bali United whilst also having links to DC United.

In the latest acquisition of Derby rumour is he is a front for an Indonesian Consortium once again, involving Erick Thohir.

Not sure what this now means for Oxford and Thohir supposedly stepping forward with investment and by implication stadium issue being resolved.

The Derby deal looks a mess...let’s see who is really behind it

Last edited:
Ever since Tiger seemed to distance himself from the rumoured takeover I wondered if something had changed. Time will tell I guess but everytime I start to get excited about the possibilities of great things happening, a little voice in my head say ‘This is OUFC you frigging eejit..’ 😁

I really do think that a statement about wtf is happening and what way our future will be going is required soon .
I understand not everything can be divulged but this is starting to create uncertainty especially this latest ' Derby' takeover involving people meant to be concentrating on taking us to a new ground and raising the club up a couple of notches

Kieran Maguire apparently alluded to Oesman Sapta Odang as being one involved in the consortium.

Interesting to see where leaves us...seems strange to coordinate a press release when the main contributor has been looking at other clubs since January 🤷‍♂️

Let’s hope Piempongsant isn’t heavily involved.

Seems bizarre to me that one week the consortium are buying us, then a few weeks later they're buying Derby. Is there any FA rules about owning two clubs in the same league/league system? You have to wonder whether Tiger is trying not to sell his train set, and the targeted press "leak" was to try and put pressure on him from the consortium, and he's rebuffed them again so they're moving on? Or perhaps the stadium plans have been rejected and they've decided OUFC isn't worth it without the property play? Not that I see a particularly good property play at Derby either. I'm normally one to stay positive but this feels odd to me.

Seems bizarre to me that one week the consortium are buying us, then a few weeks later they're buying Derby. Is there any FA rules about owning two clubs in the same league/league system? You have to wonder whether Tiger is trying not to sell his train set, and the targeted press "leak" was to try and put pressure on him from the consortium, and he's rebuffed them again so they're moving on? Or perhaps the stadium plans have been rejected and they've decided OUFC isn't worth it without the property play? Not that I see a particularly good property play at Derby either. I'm normally one to stay positive but this feels odd to me.

There are rules but don't know the specifics. Thorir I think still has shares in the holding company that owns the OUFC shares so would have to dispose them before buying Derby.

I will keep going back to this

Nathan Cooper - 'What do you know about what is going on'?
Karl Robinson - 'Everything'

He then went off on one about how he has been out with Erik and Horst etc....and assured us what was was happening was only an internal re-shuffle.

But despite that we are supposed to believe that the press release was only to put pressure on Tiger?

I will keep going back to this

Nathan Cooper - 'What do you know about what is going on'?
Karl Robinson - 'Everything'

He then went off on one about how he has been out with Erik and Horst etc....and assured us what was was happening was only an internal re-shuffle.

But despite that we are supposed to believe that the press release was only to put pressure on Tiger?

Hopefully a question is put to Karl tonight on the fans forum about this.

Has it been firmly established that the same parties are involved or have we seen the word ‘Indonesia’ and jumped to a conclusion?
I spoke to some people at champ clubs yesterday and Thohir was the name they put forward as being behind the Alonso offer.

Of course, could be they’ve inferred Thohir from the mention of a billionaire Indonesia politician.

Could obviously be wrong but possibly worth keeping an eye on

I spoke to some people at champ clubs yesterday and Thohir was the name they put forward as being behind the Alonso offer.

Of course, could be they’ve inferred Thohir from the mention of a billionaire Indonesia politician.

Could obviously be wrong but possibly worth keeping an eye on
Worth keeping an eye on ! At the very least this could completely derail our new ground , takeover etc

Was it 100% confirmed that Thohir was involved in our takeover, or again inferred from the fact he's been involved before and the consortium is Indonesian?

Was it 100% confirmed that Thohir was involved in our takeover, or again inferred from the fact he's been involved before and the consortium is Indonesian?

Well Karl said it was him. He wouldn't lie would he 🤔

Back
Top Bottom