CWC 19 England v Sri Lanka

A nice bowling session for England - largely in control and bowled to plan. SL will be disappointed with giving some of their wickets away so cheaply

Archer now equals Starc on 15 wickets in this World cup

straight after SL get their 200 up

203 -7 after 46 overs

Wood takes another wicket

Malinga at the crease

SL 220 -8... 2 overs left

and Malinga gone for 1 ... Wood bowled him (90mph!)

one over left .... 224-9

You'd think it *should* be a straightforward enough chase.

Having seen England play in many forms of cricket over many years though, I still reserve the right to be nervous!

You'd think it *should* be a straightforward enough chase.

Having seen England play in many forms of cricket over many years though, I still reserve the right to be nervous!
I know what you mean, but...
England are a very different team now and Sti Lanka bowlers are not as good as they were.
I reckon we will win comfortably.

Bairstow gone for a duck. Not the ideal start, but one good thing about England is we have a long batting line up.

And now Vince :mad:.

NZ have shown a bit of bottle when things have been against them. England now have to show some.

Heres hoping Root n Morgan build a partnership and put on a good knock each too

Vince is not good enough at this level. He might be good at county cricket, but on the big stage he never delivers.

Roy will be back soon. Thank god!

Vince is not good enough at this level. He might be good at county cricket, but on the big stage he never delivers.

Roy will be back soon. Thank god!
Vince only got the gig due to Hales being a badboy?

England scoring rate actually slower than SL was at the same stage in their innings!

There has to be better options than Vince, isn't there?!

There is but he’s barely played since engaging in Tory MP-style ‘playing in the snow’ activities.

need to stabilise and start scoring too

Run scoring isn’t the issue so much. It’s a low score so you can accelerate later in the innings. Staying there and keeping the singles rolling along is fine for now.

SL are turning to their third, fourth and fifth bowlers now. Play the bad ball and look to take a few more runs off them.

Back
Top Bottom