EPL Crystal Palace

I thought this would of been a good place for Wilder. I think he would of done well there!

I thought this would of been a good place for Wilder. I think he would of done well there!
Problem for Wilder is his life’s ambition was to manage his beloved Sheffield United. Whatever comes next is an anticlimax.

I think he had ideas about going to Newcastle.
Life after Sheffield United will never quite be the same again

Out of interest, why did people think Vieira was a bad appointment? Apart from winning at Man City he’s done OK and he’d been at Nice already.

To me, he appeared to be another Frank de Boer-style appointment. A sort of overpromoted manager who was brought in because his name carried some gravitas. Throw in that the best Palace can do each season is finish mid-table and it looked risky.

He’s proving me wrong this far. Conor Gallagher looks a very assured loan signing and he’s getting a team to gel well.

To me, he appeared to be another Frank de Boer-style appointment. A sort of overpromoted manager who was brought in because his name carried some gravitas. Throw in that the best Palace can do each season is finish mid-table and it looked risky.

He’s proving me wrong this far. Conor Gallagher looks a very assured loan signing and he’s getting a team to gel well.

He’s spent a long time in coaching - he has put the hard graft in and it looks like it might pay-off. Always respected Vieira - a winner.

Yeah I have no particular idea but he’s got some experience and wasn’t an obvious dud. Mid table is good for Palace!

Out of interest, why did people think Vieira was a bad appointment? Apart from winning at Man City he’s done OK and he’d been at Nice already.
I don't think he was particularly well thought of after his time at Nice, where he was accused of not getting the best out the talent in his team and if I recall correctly, the backing of Ineos. Add in that Ligue 1 is a different kettle of fish to the Premier League and I guess people assumed the worst, but he is doing well very indeed.

Have palace actually done that well they’ve W2 D6 L2 and are five points clear of the bottom 3 🤔

I think it’s more an improvement in the style of play, and a gradual improvement from last season

And rebuilding the squad from a load of 30-somethings that were released at the end of last season to a young squad. Oh and beating Man City at the Etihad.

Back
Top Bottom