Sport Cricket: Winter 2020/2021

As off form as Bess was, making it hard for Root to decide on which of his (limited amount of) other bowlers to use in that 3rd session, and though it pains to say, Pant was excellent with the bat... his cheeky reverse sweep boundary off a Jimmy Anderson delivery even earned a whistful shrug from JA after the shot

Last edited:
It's very irritating to wake up to find the Indians 6 down and 70 behind to then settle down to watch the post-tea session only to watch what looks like a completely different game!

It's very irritating to wake up to find the Indians 6 down and 70 behind to then settle down to watch the post-tea session only to watch what looks like a completely different game!
The early bird and all that. ;)

I was in the same boat as you. :mad:

It was frustrating. A manful effort from Stokes and Anderson, in those conditions and with the balance of the team wrong again. Terrific innings from Pant and hard to believe he'd been dropped at the beginning of the series in Australia. With this selection, the Indians have a very long batting order

It was frustrating. A manful effort from Stokes and Anderson, in those conditions and with the balance of the team wrong again. Terrific innings from Pant and hard to believe he'd been dropped at the beginning of the series in Australia. With this selection, the Indians have a very long batting order
Yes England have picked poorly.
It doesn't help that we don't have a top class spinner and our seamers are so much better than our spinners, but Anderson and Stokes being the only 2 seamers here has clearly been a mistake

Yes England have picked poorly.
It doesn't help that we don't have a top class spinner and our seamers are so much better than our spinners, but Anderson and Stokes being the only 2 seamers here has clearly been a mistake
Broad and Archer are both in India- both not selected (sadly)

Broad and Archer are both in India- both not selected (sadly)
Is Woakes out there, could have picked him if strengthening our fragile batting was also a consideration.

Is Woakes out there, could have picked him if strengthening our fragile batting was also a consideration.
He came home after the last Test.
He was given permission to leave, presumably because he was not going to play

Very hard to watch. 30/4 England in the second innings. Very poor showing, and extremely disappointing!

...and now root gone for 30 ....this is painful watching

Im usually optimistic when its England playing Test cricket..... the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tests of this series England have been poor as a Test side ,with both the bat and the ball.... sadly I cant see India needing to have to bat again in this Test ....England havent just lost this series, its been a propper drubbing .....91-6 at tea.... 6 wickets in one session , thats an embarrassing collapse.

Im usually optimistic when its England playing Test cricket..... the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tests of this series England have been poor as a Test side ,with both the bat and the ball.... sadly I cant see India needing to have to bat again in this Test ....England havent just lost this series, its been a propper drubbing .....91-6 at tea.... 6 wickets in one session , thats an embarrassing collapse.
Especially when they have lower order batsman hitting 50’s ie Washington Sundar. Our top 4 can’t even get the same amount of runs as him.

Questions need to be asked, because it’s been an embarrassing end to the test series.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t even bothered with the TV and radio for this one this morning.

There are no excuses this time. It’s scrambled mindsets that have done England in.

Lawrence gets his 50....then Leach goes for 2

134-9

Back
Top Bottom