National News Covidiots.....

You may be better going to an offie, in your mask, then getting shitfaced at home instead of a pub filled with dirty strangers.

... and I'm quoting something from the end of that long missive to prove that I actually read it. For once.
You skipped straight to the end.

I’ll be back after dinner later to explain in detail exactly how I know that.

The worrying drop off in vaccinations (which is why nobody shouts about how brilliant and world beating we are anymore) won’t help. I remember posting on here when I had my second jab that the wind tunnel was deserted and that the person giving me my shot said it was way, way down in terms of numbers, which suggested a lot of younger people weren’t getting jabbed and that even those who did weren’t going back for a second dose. We’ve got the least restrictions in the world and vaccination rates are increasingly mid-table in relation to other developed countries, so it doesn’t take a genius to work out why we’ve got about 20% of the entire world’s known cases most days. Plague Island.

There might be a half-hearted attempt at bringing masks back but it won’t be enforced in any meaningful way, and there almost certainly won’t be any lockdowns even if numbers become eye-watering as they’re trying to portray a fast-growing economy that ignores the fact we stacked it the hardest to begin with. Also means it’s easier to cover up any damage related to… you know. Covid is a very convenient house fire in many respects.

That we’re coming up to two years deep and a lot of people still don’t even understand how masks work - ie that they don’t protect you from others, they protect other people from you, which is why if people don’t collectively wear them in huge numbers then it’s pretty much pointless - is pretty indicative of why we are where we are. Either almost everybody wears a mask or it won’t work, but we’ve been more worried about how annoying they apparently are, or calling them face nappies in a very divisive manner. We’ve never really taken it seriously and that comes from the top and trickles down. Hence why you have the leader of the commons saying words to the effect of, “We don’t need to wear masks in here, we all know each other.” Well done, sh*t for brains. Back to the family estate. The horse and carriage is outside.

You’ll always get a small percentage of people who don’t care or are massively selfish / don’t believe in it, but you can’t create the sort of nationwide nonchalance we have unless that mood is set at the highest level. We won’t change that at this stage. The only logical solution is to go to The Winchester, have a lovely pint and wait for all this to blow over 😉

When we get a new ground they will be queuing for miles to get vaccinated.

Look at everyone here on there high horse. At football how many are wearing masks? We can all type here and say this and that but when it matters how many of us were wearing face coverings on Tuesday night. I spose the 30 or so that I saw were all you lot who are now preaching the wearing of face coverings. Hands up, I wasn't either, but I not slagging of the government for not making it mandatory. Yes I think it should be, and yes I dont agree with the government when they say we are not at the stage for plan B just yet. Roll on Monday when I have my booster.

There are people on here who claim they haven’t bought or at least streamed Adele’s new single, it’s physically impossible not to own everything the Tottenham diva releases so it just goes to show what a vipers nest of liars this place is.

Look at everyone here on there high horse. At football how many are wearing masks? We can all type here and say this and that but when it matters how many of us were wearing face coverings on Tuesday night. I spose the 30 or so that I saw were all you lot who are now preaching the wearing of face coverings. Hands up, I wasn't either, but I not slagging of the government for not making it mandatory. Yes I think it should be, and yes I dont agree with the government when they say we are not at the stage for plan B just yet. Roll on Monday when I have my booster.

Everyone?

I won't see a game this season and avoid crowds anywhere unless absolutely necessary (ie. Hospital Appointments) due to having a suppressed immune system.

So yes I'll criticise the Govt for constantly being behind the curve in terms of timing/mixed messaging/the current Vaccines Minister thinking it isn't necessary for her to go to Cabinet meetings/not introducing the simple measures even though rates are going the wrong way etc. Especially if the measures would mean it being safer for everybody else, as I'd still be as cautious personally with those measures in place, whilst not stopping people doing things apart from the very, very slight inconvenience of a face mask etc.

If we had more societal responsibility we would not need legislation.

Sadly responsibility to yourself and others has been overwhelmed by "rights".

Well with rights there should be responsibility.

If we had more societal responsibility we would not need legislation.

Sadly responsibility to yourself and others has been overwhelmed by "rights".

Well with rights there should be responsibility.

Didn’t you run around fighting at football matches when you were young? If you were a young man out and about town now would you be behaving any differently than youngsters now?

Didn’t you run around fighting at football matches when you were young? If you were a young man out and about town now would you be behaving any differently than youngsters now?

Yes and probably not, despite legislation at the time.

However, you learn PDQ its not the way to go on, especially after being chucked out of Cowley (and other stations across the UK) at 3.00am in the freezing cold and finding your own way home. :ROFLMAO: lessons given and learnt!

Wind back a good few years the biggest fear was being caught by the local copper and your parents subsequently finding out so you learned very quickly.

Yes and probably not, despite legislation at the time.

However, you learn PDQ its not the way to go on, especially after being chucked out of Cowley (and other stations across the UK) at 3.00am in the freezing cold and finding your own way home. :ROFLMAO: lessons given and learnt!

Wind back a good few years the biggest fear was being caught by the local copper and your parents subsequently finding out so you learned very quickly.

Yep the wrath of mum and dad

Comedy Club, local Church Hall - had a bar. (y)
150 folk in there.
Me & Mrs EYMk2 and about 3 others masked up when walking about, seated and not eating/drinking.

Rest of the folk there - Covdiots. :mad:

Whilst waiting for the LRTC coach to Burton, a group of anti vaccination demonstrators gathered outside the Kassam, opposite those queuing for there jabs.
The coach was 30 mins late and one of the demonstrators made his way over to approx 90 fans .
He was clutching a wad of news papers containing “facts” needed to confirm that his views were correct.
He wore a t-shirt with 4 banners on the front.
“Unmasked,unmuzzled,unvaccinated,unafraid”.
Once up close he started to air his beliefs that we were largely incorrectly programmed robots directed by, amongst other things ill informed bbc propaganda.
He cited Thalidomide as an example of disinformation, stated that small pox was a hoax,Polio was deliberately caused by DDT and so on.
There was no deflecting him, whatever you said-you were wrong and he was right.
Scary .

Whilst waiting for the LRTC coach to Burton, a group of anti vaccination demonstrators gathered outside the Kassam, opposite those queuing for there jabs.
The coach was 30 mins late and one of the demonstrators made his way over to approx 90 fans .
He was clutching a wad of news papers containing “facts” needed to confirm that his views were correct.
Once up close he started to air his beliefs that we were largely incorrectly programmed robots directed by, amongst other things ill informed bbc propaganda.
He cited Thalidomide as an example of disinformation, stated that small pox was a hoax,Polio was deliberately caused by DDT and so on.
Scary .
I guess there have always been twats like this, but they are louder now that you can use online media to circulate fake news and contact like minded people. It's paradoxical though that at a time when access to high quality information has never been easier false news is more prevalent than ever. Looks like media studies was a worthwhile thing to study after all.

I guess there have always been twats like this, but they are louder now that you can use online media to circulate fake news and contact like minded people. It's paradoxical though that at a time when access to high quality information has never been easier false news is more prevalent than ever. Looks like media studies was a worthwhile thing to study after all.
I just hope those that were waiting for the coach told him/her to do one as you’ve all been vaccinated 👍

It’s mental to turn up to a vaccination centre and start abusing people for having an injection that they are voluntarily having on the advice of doctors/scientists because you have read a load of shite on the internet written by a load of nut jobs.

Scary .

I hope somebody had the good grace to tell him to f*** off.

Back
Top Bottom