National News Covidiots.....

Too many celebrities have got it in their tiny twisted little heads that as long as you show ‘remorse’ or come up with some story to justify your actions, it’s fine to break the rules you bellow on social media about following.

They should be made to administer tests or vaccines for a number of weeks.

Now, I'm not meaning to reinforce stereotypes of thick country bumpkins, but I've just watched our local news here in Lincolnshire.

Over the nice recent weekend the seaside town of Cleethorpes was inundated with visitors. There were 'shock, horror' pictures all over the local media.

Last night our Chief Constable was quizzed on the local news about why 'they' (the police) didn't stop the invasion happening. He gave the only sensible answer he could - there is a difference between Covid-related guidelines not to travel and the actual breaking of any law. There were thousands on the beach at Cleethorpes. At best the (very few local) police could only approach a small number of them to ascertain whether their journeys were really necessary, i.e, whether they were breaking guidelines which could result in a fine.

This evening - UPROAR! How dare 'that copper' refuse to implement the law during the pandemic? The Chief Constable appeared again. He explained (again) that it was the responsibility of every citizen to follow lock down guidelines. It was the police's responsibility to uphold the law. Simply gathering on a beach at Cleethorpes was not breaking the law, and if thousands chose to go to Cleethorpes again next weekend there's really nothing the police could do.

So the rather long-winded point I'm making is who are the biggest Covidiots? Those who travel to Cleethorpes from, say, Rotherham or Mansfield, or those locals who appear to think Lincolnshire police should emulate the Stasi?

Now, I'm not meaning to reinforce stereotypes of thick country bumpkins, but I've just watched our local news here in Lincolnshire.

Over the nice recent weekend the seaside town of Cleethorpes was inundated with visitors. There were 'shock, horror' pictures all over the local media.

Last night our Chief Constable was quizzed on the local news about why 'they' (the police) didn't stop the invasion happening. He gave the only sensible answer he could - there is a difference between Covid-related guidelines not to travel and the actual breaking of any law. There were thousands on the beach at Cleethorpes. At best the (very few local) police could only approach a small number of them to ascertain whether their journeys were really necessary, i.e, whether they were breaking guidelines which could result in a fine.

This evening - UPROAR! How dare 'that copper' refuse to implement the law during the pandemic? The Chief Constable appeared again. He explained (again) that it was the responsibility of every citizen to follow lock down guidelines. It was the police's responsibility to uphold the law. Simply gathering on a beach at Cleethorpes was not breaking the law, and if thousands chose to go to Cleethorpes again next weekend there's really nothing the police could do.

So the rather long-winded point I'm making is who are the biggest Covidiots? Those who travel to Cleethorpes from, say, Rotherham or Mansfield, or those locals who appear to think Lincolnshire police should emulate the Stasi?
What we need to do is all get together, and 'elect' someone to set and inforce the rules. This person could be in charge of setting clear rules, and punishments if needed.

A workable idea?

What we need to do is all get together, and 'elect' someone to set and inforce the rules. This person could be in charge of setting clear rules, and punishments if needed.

A workable idea?

They have set rules and punishments.
If they were to harsh the liberal sorts would be whining.....

I would have snipers..... with ANPR...... once the bodies started piling up folk would stay local.

Sad when your heroes turn out to be right twats... Still, could be worse I guess, I could have been a Smiths fan.
Replaced them with James, so a better festival experience instead at least (assuming the festival will go ahead at all).

Back
Top Bottom