National News Covidiots.....

that isn't a Covid thing though. It happens every year somewhere or other

• React
Reactions: m
To put that fall in context, 150m is more than one and a half times the height of Big Ben.

Big Ben is the bell.... the Elizabeth Tower is the building, previously the Clock Tower of the Palace of Westminster, it was renamed in 2012 for the Diamond Jubilee.

Sorry... my inner pedant escaped.

Vaccine dispute

Since June last year, when President John Magufuli declared the country "Covid-19 free" , he, along with other top government officials, have mocked the efficacy of masks, doubted if testing works, and teased neighbouring countries which have imposed health measures to curb the virus.

Mr Magufuli has also warned - without providing any evidence - that Covid-19 vaccines could be harmful and has instead been urging Tanzanians to use steam inhalation and herbal medicines, neither of which have been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) as treatments.

It is unclear why the president has expressed such scepticism about the vaccines but he recently said that Tanzanians should not be used as "guinea pigs".

"If the white man was able to come up with vaccinations, he should have found a vaccination for Aids, cancer and TB by now," said Mr Magufuli, who has often cast himself as standing up to Western imperialism .

Crikey, that's depressing! Attitudes of those 'responsible' for 60 million Tanzanians. Deniers like Neville in more developed countries will probably take this as vindication of their own ideas.

Last edited:

Vaccine dispute

Since June last year, when President John Magufuli declared the country "Covid-19 free" , he, along with other top government officials, have mocked the efficacy of masks, doubted if testing works, and teased neighbouring countries which have imposed health measures to curb the virus.

Mr Magufuli has also warned - without providing any evidence - that Covid-19 vaccines could be harmful and has instead been urging Tanzanians to use steam inhalation and herbal medicines, neither of which have been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) as treatments.

It is unclear why the president has expressed such scepticism about the vaccines but he recently said that Tanzanians should not be used as "guinea pigs".

"If the white man was able to come up with vaccinations, he should have found a vaccination for Aids, cancer and TB by now," said Mr Magufuli, who has often cast himself as standing up to Western imperialism .

Crikey, that's depressing! Attitudes of those 'responsible' for 60 million Tanzanians. Deniers like Neville in more developed countries will probably take this as vindication of their own ideas.
Not the first Tanzanian to be mocked on this forum!

If people driving in their own cars to look at the great outdoors is an example of how badly people are behaving we are ok, it’s hardly going to cause an outbreak of a virus they most likely don’t have.

If people driving in their own cars to look at the great outdoors is an example of how badly people are behaving we are ok, it’s hardly going to cause an outbreak of a virus they most likely don’t have.
Unless they do have it and unaware. And then break down and call out the AA risking their employees, then have a crash and risk the emergency services. And another thousand people decide to do the same 'as what's the risk, I'm in my own car'.

Our society is so bloody self-entitled.

Unless they do have it and unaware. And then break down and call out the AA risking their employees, then have a crash and risk the emergency services. And another thousand people decide to do the same 'as what's the risk, I'm in my own car'.

f**k me that’s an eventful journey.

Well first up, two different households.
Take 1 asymptomatic person in either group and they could all be taking something home, knowingly or not.
Living in Luton they are very likely to be within the "BAME Community" and equally likely to be in a multi-generational household.

When Granny is in ITU in 3 weeks time they`ll be blaming the Government for not doing enough.

And that`s without a single event on their 300 mile round trip.

You forgot to add the driver had no license or insurance

Back
Top Bottom