National News Covidiots.....

A week ago - and look what's happened to the figures.

Any further lockdowns (and I hope we don't have to have any, but...) should be announced on a Sunday evening and start on Wednesday morning to stop giving people a weekend to have a last blow out. It won't solve this sort of thing completely, but it certainly won't hurt.

Last 2 days before the second lockdown I was on £2 pints (for ale drinkers it was £1.50). Madness really, but I guess the govt decided to give fair notice so that businesses could get rid of perishable stock.

Last 2 days before the second lockdown I was on £2 pints (for ale drinkers it was £1.50). Madness really, but I guess the govt decided to give fair notice so that businesses could get rid of perishable stock.

99p in `Spoons.......... was rude not too. :)

Good for them.

"We're not doing it for ourselves but for every other student on campus."

"Every other student" that is just knuckling down and getting on with it... yep, righty ho.

And the ubiquitous "get out of jail free card".....

"We are also not being provided adequate mental health support."........... probably because you have chosen to occupy a building you shouldn`t be in. Actions have consequences.

The students were only 'allowed' to start this university year because the universities needed their fees. It really wasn't for the good of the students and it's turned out to be a pretty rotten experience for them - a lower than normal standard of education for which they are still paying, and staying in expensive accommodation (that their parents are probably paying for). The University of Manchester seem particularly confrontational towards their 'customers'.

I am glad some students still have enough fire in their bellies to protest about things they think are wrong and don't just swallow whatever guff they are fed and 'knuckle down'!

The students were only 'allowed' to start this university year because the universities needed their fees. It really wasn't for the good of the students and it's turned out to be a pretty rotten experience for them - a lower than normal standard of education for which they are still paying, and staying in expensive accommodation (that their parents are probably paying for). The University of Manchester seem particularly confrontational towards their 'customers'.

I am glad some students still have enough fire in their bellies to protest about things they think are wrong and don't just swallow whatever guff they are fed and 'knuckle down'!

They are just playing the "student privilege" card.
"Uni" is a business they should understand that, they are supposed to be clever.
:)

That may be so but let’s be honest, if this is how they see things in the future we have no hope. I am sure we could all find something to whinge and whine about everyday of the week but we don’t go a protest about it every weekend.

Im a celebrity ...get me out of here(Wales)

Live, on TV during lockdown?

While 'we' are told no mixing outside of our social bubble, inside or outside (until at least Dec 2nd)

really?

While 'we' are told no mixing outside of our social bubble, inside or outside (until at least Dec 2nd)

really?
I concur......... but the plebs need their fix of banal shite on telly.... text in now to save Mo or whoever...... :rolleyes:

really?

It does take the P155 somewhat... utter garbage TV anyway.

I think one of the most depressing things about the last few months for me has been the realisation that a fair proportion of the population of this country is (to be rude) stupid. Not to mention selfish and anti-social.

Absolutely.

Can‘t teach stupid.

Their is a picture on the internet that I can’t find of filming for one of those s**t rise of the footsoldier straight to dvd films from this weekend taking place at roots hall, their is a match going on and the stand is completely full of extras stood up chanting with no social distancing and no masks etc, meaning that it’s obviously ok to pretend to watch a football match but not to actually watch one.

Their is a picture on the internet that I can’t find of filming for one of those s**t rise of the footsoldier straight to dvd films from this weekend taking place at roots hall, their is a match going on and the stand is completely full of extras stood up chanting with no social distancing and no masks etc, meaning that it’s obviously ok to pretend to watch a football match but not to actually watch one.

Outraged they are.....

Back
Top Bottom