International News Covid-19 .....

So as expected we have to continue until 21st July. I’ve had enough of this BS!!

Let me guess…. Another variant will turn up about a week before again, and then keep us suppressed for longer. 14-15 months of this is enough.

I’m just going to do what I want, when I want! Im going to enjoy my life. That’s what it’s all about! It’s short enough as it is.
What are you being prevented from doing now? I can only think of going to gigs , and obviously travel abroad, though that’s not just up to the UK

In @Essexyellows defence (can't believe I've just typed that!) he wasn't advocating it, he was simply asking the question.

Much appreciated, you are correct (I can`t believe I`ve just typed that!). :ROFLMAO:

With something around 50% of us on 2 doses, and a good chunk on 1 dose the pool of people who could get very ill is diminishing every day.
That pool is also lacking in co-morbidities as well so the chances of folk dying is also greatly reduced.

On the flipside there are 5 million folk who have been sat on waiting lists for over a year and those are the ones we know about.
There are probably 2 million + who should have started their treatment journey as well.

What are you being prevented from doing now? I can only think of going to gigs , and obviously travel abroad, though that’s not just up to the UK

Im having to walk in to shops with a mask on my face, and I don’t care what anyone says that’s not normal.

I’m also thinking for people out there with mental health issues, and how it’s effecting them. The whole thing is getting on people’s nerves.

I’m certainly not alone on this, as there are many thousands that feel the same way as I do.

I have learnt how to avoid wearing a mask going into shops.

I don`t go in them.

Solutions to problems right here.

• React
Reactions: m
Even when "freedom day" has come and gone, the wearing of face coverings in public places will be the norm for many more months yet.
It’s almost entirely disappeared where I live. I thought they’d last longer but people have realised if you’re vaccinated you’re good.

shops say please wear a mask if not vaccinated.

Although it’s pretty much his fault he is in this position I do have some sympathy with the decision Johnson has to make, he is damned either way. People have had enough of restrictions after 15 months of them and just want to get on with life as normal but the infection has undeniably gone up.

Then again if he hadn’t if completely fucked up the India situation this would of been an easy win for him in reopening the country, so actually I have no sympathy at all and he should resign as he is a useless c**t.
Spot on! Delaying putting India on the red list letting thousands in with no quarrentine was stupid and irresponsible. That has caused this and it's indefensible, there can be no excuses.

Last edited:
Im having to walk in to shops with a mask on my face, and I don’t care what anyone says that’s not normal.

I’m also thinking for people out there with mental health issues, and how it’s effecting them. The whole thing is getting on people’s nerves.

I’m certainly not alone on this, as there are many thousands that feel the same way as I do.
I don’t mind wearing a mask for shops. I don’t think we’ll see packed mosh pits and standing room only in bars for a while yet, whatever the government says

Are 'they' customers now?

You know what I meant, they haven`t got past the GP`s yet so their conditions will, invariably, be worse than necessary.
GP referral - outpatients appointment - diagnosis- treatment - recovery .............. it's a journey or a process.

Much appreciated, you are correct (I can`t believe I`ve just typed that!). :ROFLMAO:

With something around 50% of us on 2 doses, and a good chunk on 1 dose the pool of people who could get very ill is diminishing every day.
That pool is also lacking in co-morbidities as well so the chances of folk dying is also greatly reduced.

On the flipside there are 5 million folk who have been sat on waiting lists for over a year and those are the ones we know about.
There are probably 2 million + who should have started their treatment journey as well.
I just don’t see how they can justify relaxing restrictions when cases are going up so much - even if you are right and it wouldn’t have disastrous consequences.

Spot on! Delaying putting India on the red list letting thousands in with no quarrentine was stupid and irresponsible. That has caused this and it's indefensible, there can be no excuses.
Exactly this. I genuinely think, out of a long list of balls ups, this is the biggest. We were so, so close, we had seen how this thing was going wild in India, we had surely seen that overreacting rather than underreacting in a pandemic is the only way.

Yet still Boris chased that trade deal. Still he consigned more people to an early grave. I utterly loathe him and his disregard for human life.

Just as a comparison, here in Malaysia we are under total lockdown AGAIN. Our Covid numbers are at a record high and vaccinations very slow.

The Delta Variant is part of it, but for here it's still the factory and workplace and schools which are the main spreaders.

For the UK, as in a lot of countries we are still on a pendulum of relaxing restrictions / tightening restrictions.

Although it’s pretty much his fault he is in this position I do have some sympathy with the decision Johnson has to make, he is damned either way. People have had enough of restrictions after 15 months of them and just want to get on with life as normal but the infection has undeniably gone up.

Then again if he hadn’t if completely fucked up the India situation this would of been an easy win for him in reopening the country, so actually I have no sympathy at all and he should resign as he is a useless c**t.
100% this. Then add in relying on common sense and confused guidance (every time new guidance is issued ministers are on TV and radio contradicting themselves for days).

The fact that so many people think the government has done a good job shows you can't rely on their common sense. QE bloody D!

• React
Reactions: m
Extended to the 19th July great.

I will wait for the Belize or the Honduran variant in 3 weeks. Massive news for pharmaceutical companies.

What a load of BS, we are being conned I’m sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom