International News Covid-19 .....

India now being added to the red list.
But wait for it...................not until Friday!!
Why wait? There will be thousands more coming in by then.
Ludicrous and foolish!!
Give all the chums Boris was going to visit time to get back to Blighty at a guess :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Hate to be a panic mongering doomsayer but there have already been 103 cases of the Indian Variant (B.1.617) in the UK. :)

Those returning are already under test & isolation regimes with a test 3 days before arriving, then 10 days isolation unless they do the early release tests.

From Friday they`ll be in the Government hotels for 2 weeks.

Hate to be a panic mongering doomsayer but there have already been 103 cases of the Indian Variant (B.1.617) in the UK. :)

Those returning are already under test & isolation regimes with a test 3 days before arriving, then 10 days isolation unless they do the early release tests.

From Friday they`ll be in the Government hotels for 2 weeks.

On that 2nd line, you hope they are.

Having thought I misheard Hugh Pym on the BBC news a moment ago I had to hit rewind but i hadn't. He said 50,000 people travelled between the UK and India in February! He didn't say which way they travelled but if only half were on inbound flights that's... well you can do the maths.

During lockdown?? 😳🤬🤬

Having thought I misheard Hugh Pym on the BBC news a moment ago I had to hit rewind but i hadn't. He said 50,000 people travelled between the UK and India in February! He didn't say which way they travelled but if only half were on inbound flights that's... well you can do the maths.

During lockdown?? 😳🤬🤬
Screenshot_20210420-072425_Chrome.jpg
Based on those figures, about 250 a day inbound or 7,500 a month, so 40,000+ departures.

Last edited:

During lockdown?? 😳🤬🤬
As I said before, ludicrous and foolish!!
But this happens every time a country is added to the red list.
When Pakistan was added earlier in the month there was about four days notice. Extra direct flights were put on and a report I read said as a result 'several' thousand more arrived in those four days. That is without the numbers through indirect flights.
We have come so far with the vaccines but we are asking for trouble. One of these variants will take hold and put us back months.

IIRC. the Indian govt only allows 15 inter UK/India flights per day, so only around 45 to go - and I'll bet you a pound that seat prices have gone through the roof (you could travel cattle class for around £300, I'd expect it to be at least five times that today).

As I said before, ludicrous and foolish!!
But this happens every time a country is added to the red list.
When Pakistan was added earlier in the month there was about four days notice. Extra direct flights were put on and a report I read said as a result 'several' thousand more arrived in those four days. That is without the numbers through indirect flights.
We have come so far with the vaccines but we are asking for trouble. One of these variants will take hold and put us back months.

If the government won’t actually stop travel, why can’t they just say that anyone leaving the U.K. does so on the understanding that if the country they are travelling to is added to the red list they will not be allowed entry back into the U.K. until it is taken back off the list?

That should certainly make people think twice about jumping on a plane.

Probably just way too simple and logical.

The "valid reasons" for travelling are "interesting" and somewhat open to interpretation I would say!
Work
Volunteering
Educational
Medical
Funeral
Ending a temporary visit.
Access to parents with children
Other reasonable excuse (please specify).

Should have done an Australia or a New Zealand job but folk would probably shout "racism" as it`s the UK. :)

The "valid reasons" for travelling are "interesting" and somewhat open to interpretation I would say!
Work
Volunteering
Educational
Medical
Funeral
Ending a temporary visit.
Access to parents with children
Other reasonable excuse (please specify).

Should have done an Australia or a New Zealand job but folk would probably shout "racism" as it`s the UK. :)
More likely they would have shouted its just 'a bit of a snuffle. Short memories eh.

1 person.............. 359 contacts.....

Not up to speed on how the vaccine programme is going but if they don`t get all the contacts....

Lowest numbers for a very, very long time.................
81148 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 81125 (increase 23).
36600 (increase of 15) were within the Leicester City Council area.
44548 (increase of 8) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 0 death's.
Deaths remain at 1460.

1 person.............. 359 contacts.....

Not up to speed on how the vaccine programme is going but if they don`t get all the contacts....
I don't think that the vaccination programme is going particularly in Australia.
Maybe due to the incredibly low numbers of infections there it isn't seen as a priority?

Back
Top Bottom