International News Covid-19 .....

May not have much impact on the kids, but us poor parents we have been made to realise our levels if knowledge aren't what we thought they were... I still wake up in a cold sweat unsure of what a fronted adverbial is!!!
Primary School standards about required knowledge of fractions have also risen since I was at school..........numerators.......denominators........ouch

May not have much impact on the kids, but us poor parents we have been made to realise our levels if knowledge aren't what we thought they were... I still wake up in a cold sweat unsure of what a fronted adverbial is!!!

Your talking a different language now. LOL I'd rather not know and have a good nights sleep. 😁

Everyone’s a winner!!

Not sure if they’re as painful as the rear adverbial!

It seems to be accepted that there could be some COVID restrictions in the winter and possibly the next few winters (I guess that depends on the vaccines and medicines being developed)
Like with flu there will possibly be deaths every year through COVID.

• React
Reactions: m
People have short memories. Remember Christmas?
I would imagine that everybody remembers Christmas. The major difference between them and now is that we now have, what appears to be, a successful vaccine. Plus we are going into spring shortly.

presume Hancock is going back on March 8th? ;)
What I would like to know Piers was saying that all business that had to close because the government said that had to shut because of the pandemic, that they should be compensated. That’s fine, but who the hell is going to pay for it?

What I would like to know Piers was saying that all business that had to close because the government said that had to shut because of the pandemic, that they should be compensated. That’s fine, but who the hell is going to pay for it?

Everyone. It's the only answer.

Everyone. It's the only answer.
Yes and taxes will rise, I bet not everyone will be happy and then Boris will come in for more stick, and if Labour win the next election they will blame the Tories for the tax rises, it beggars belief that not everyone will realise that nothing is for free.

Probably not the banks.

Yes and taxes will rise, I bet not everyone will be happy and then Boris will come in for more stick, and if Labour win the next election they will blame the Tories for the tax rises, it beggars belief that not everyone will realise that nothing is for free.
Can’t see any major tax increases soon.

What are the countries like New Zealand and Australia going to be doing in six months or a years time? Every outbreak brings in a massive lockdown, and the quarantine arrival rules must have killed off any international tourism. Is there any talk of them easing up once they have more people vaccinated?

I would imagine that everybody remembers Christmas. The major difference between them and now is that we now have, what appears to be, a successful vaccine. Plus we are going into spring shortly.

What we shouldn’t be doing though is thinking because we have the vaccine that we can do whatever we want. The dates BoJo and co set out yesterday are predicated on delivering the vaccine to the majority of the population. It appears to be going well with over 13m receiving their first jab and it’s good to see a number on the news skyrocketing that isn’t the death rate for a change.

However in a lot of instances people have only had their first jab and the second is important to turn the 70-75% efficacy of it to 90-95% efficacy especially in the case of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. Based on quick maths, we will still see continue to see unlucky folks continue to get COVID despite having the vaccine. To me, that’s still dangerous and easily spreadable so caution should still be the watchword. If you’ve had the vaccine that’s no reason to start hugging randomers - the immunity rate is still not high enough to regard those vaccinated as truly safe.

This is what needs hammering home. We can be optimistic but we have to be realistic. This hasn’t ended yet nor will it even if all of the measures have been reached and social distancing comes to and end in by 21 June.

Back
Top Bottom