International News Covid-19 .....

Saturday stats......
34,800 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 34,342 (increase 458).
16,349 (increase of 163) were within the Leicester City Council area.
18,451 (increase of 295) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 6 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days, 17th November (2), 19th November (2) and 20th November (2).
UHL total deaths 554.

Excess deaths will be the truest measure.
According to this: https://www.theactuary.com/2020/11/10/uk-excess-death-toll-rises-around-62100, excess deaths were at just over 62,000 about 3 weeks ago. I suppose in reality we will have to wait until the end of the winter (which is more dangerous for the old and vulnerable so far as infections are concerned) to see how that changes the numbers as some of those who have very sadly died might have succumbed over the winter, Covid or not.

However it *does* mean the at the very least, a lot of people have died before their time and probably been more alone as they have done so, which is a tragedy whatever the numbers end up saying.

According to this: https://www.theactuary.com/2020/11/10/uk-excess-death-toll-rises-around-62100, excess deaths were at just over 62,000 about 3 weeks ago. I suppose in reality we will have to wait until the end of the winter (which is more dangerous for the old and vulnerable so far as infections are concerned) to see how that changes the numbers as some of those who have very sadly died might have succumbed over the winter, Covid or not.

However it *does* mean the at the very least, a lot of people have died before their time and probably been more alone as they have done so, which is a tragedy whatever the numbers end up saying.

Yep! We celebrated my Grans 88th on the 10th March at home, I dropped her off that night. She was at home until end of March but had repeated visits to the JR for tests on her eyes. She had a confirmed covid test start of April and was dead on the 18th.

I’ve wondered from time to time whether I’d have rather she was still here now! Rightly or wrongly the Christmas we had together and her birthday plus the few days before she went to the JR were probably better than waving to her from a window.

She’d never have wanted to be a prisoner in her own home wether it was the safest place or not.

Sunday numbers....
35,169 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 34,800 (increase 369).
16,535 (increase of 186) were within the Leicester City Council area.
18,634 (increase of 183) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 5 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 14th November (1), 18th November (1) and 20th November (3).
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 559.

Monday stats....
35,450 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 35,169 (increase 281).
16,659 (increase of 124) were within the Leicester City Council area.
18,791 (increase of 157) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 3 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 19th November (2) and 20th November (1).
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 562.

Tuesday stat`s..............
35,870 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 35,450 (increase 420).
16,860 (increase of 201) were within the Leicester City Council area.
19,010 (increase of 219) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 7 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 15th November (1), 20th November (2), 21st November (1), 22nd November (2) and 23rd November (1).

Total number of UHL death's now stands at 569.

So Watford have 3 players self isolating because of coronavirus but they still go ahead with their game against BCFC😦🤔

Wednesday numbers.......
36257 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 35870 (increase 387).
17042 (increase of 182) were within the Leicester City Council area.
19215 (increase of 205) cases were reported in Leicestershire County.
UHL reported 6 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 20th November (1), 21st November (2), 22nd November (1) and 23rd November (2).

Total number of UHL death's now stands at 575.

IF you're up North or somewhere deprived, this is what Boris means when he says leveling up....

I'm the next county up from Oxfordshire! What the thinking is behind us being in tier three is that our nearest major hospital is Coventry, which has been in tier three before lockdown

Back
Top Bottom