International News Covid-19 .....

Just describing process, forgot you know everything.

"An annoying faff" is the price they pay for travelling in these peculiar times.

Maybe we should put them in striped pyjamas and keep them in camps and tattoo a number on them in case they escape?
So what was the point of your post if it's not comparable with the type of system that is needed to track thousands of travellers entering the UK?

So what was the point of your post if it's not comparable with the type of system that is needed to track thousands of travellers entering the UK?

To "demonstrate" how some systems work...... you know to help educate the less fortunate in society...

As theres no crowds allowed in to matches why not dispatch currently redundant 'hooligan squads' to track down test n trace avoiders...complete with early morning kick the front door in visits?

As theres no crowds allowed in to matches why not dispatch currently redundant 'hooligan squads' to track down test n trace avoiders...complete with early morning kick the front door in visits?
Just had a vision of some poor soul, lying in a crumpled heap, syringe sticking out of his arm and a little note saying "Congratulations. You've just been jabbed by the ICF".....

I seem to remember I had loads of a Luton player (Tim Breaker maybe) to the point I couldn't get rid of them anymore.
Just to give you a pang of nostalgia...
s-l400.jpg

You should see the destruction it's causing. The line is going to be quite close to my house and I wouldn't surprised if I can hear the damn waste of money.

I know all to well.
Friend of mine near Lichfield sold most of his land to a housing developer who built "Roman Heights" with views across open countryside...for now.
HS2 will be about 500 yards from their homes, not sure if such things show up on searches prior to new build purchase?

Around Kenilworth way this happened......from a message I got from another friend whilst generally moaning about HS2!!

"I wouldn’t be at all surprised.
Team turn up to fence off the route. It’s the wrong spec fence, they’ve been asked to put up three strands of plain wire.
Farmer keeps sheep so team reports back to HS2 saying it’s no use. Team are instructed to put the fence up regardless.
Farmer complains the fence is no good to him. Team returns to dismantle the fence (paid) and put up a stock fence."

Wonder why it is so costly?? :rolleyes:

I know all to well.
Friend of mine near Lichfield sold most of his land to a housing developer who built "Roman Heights" with views across open countryside...for now.
HS2 will be about 500 yards from their homes, not sure if such things show up on searches prior to new build purchase?

Around Kenilworth way this happened......from a message I got from another friend whilst generally moaning about HS2!!

"I wouldn’t be at all surprised.
Team turn up to fence off the route. It’s the wrong spec fence, they’ve been asked to put up three strands of plain wire.
Farmer keeps sheep so team reports back to HS2 saying it’s no use. Team are instructed to put the fence up regardless.
Farmer complains the fence is no good to him. Team returns to dismantle the fence (paid) and put up a stock fence."

Wonder why it is so costly?? :rolleyes:
I was driving through Southam yesterday and noticed a caravan dealership has shut up shop, clearly in the path of HS2.

I'm a big advocate of trains and the railways but HS2 is just irrelevant now. I can see a situation where after the pandemic rail services will be used more for leisure than commuting. It's also a great opportunity to move more freight by rail.

I was driving through Southam yesterday and noticed a caravan dealership has shut up shop, clearly in the path of HS2.

I'm a big advocate of trains and the railways but HS2 is just irrelevant now. I can see a situation where after the pandemic rail services will be used more for leisure than commuting. It's also a great opportunity to move more freight by rail.
As Boris couldn't get his Garden Bridge built when he was MoL, he was sure as dammit going to make sure this White Elephant happened. I wonder how many Tory donors stand to get richer off the back of it[emoji848]

Just think of how many useful provincial light railways and other public transport/cycle initiatives that could've been built to ease congestion on regular commuter routes for the same cost.

Utterly shameful and destructive vanity project....ticks all the boxes for Bojo!

Last edited:
As Boris couldn't get his Garden Bridge built when he was MoL, he was sure as dammit going to make sure this White Elephant happened. I wonder how many Tory donors stand to get richer off the back of it[emoji848]

Just think of how many useful provincial light railways and other public transport/cycle initiatives that could've been built to ease congestion on regular commuter routes for the same cost.

Utterly shameful and destructive vanity project....ticks all the boxes for Bojo!
Even in Oxford, you could gave funded some stations at places like Littlemoore instead

I'm sure Von der Leyen or Merkel said this wouldn't really happen and wasn't the intent. As is clear from previous I voted remain but this is outrageous from the EU. Assuming some EU AZ vaccine supply is being produced in the UK I wonder if that will be redirected to Australia instead?

Edit: To add, I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom