International News Covid-19 .....

It is more than just the infection rate as is clearly explained here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tiering-decisions-to-be-made-through-national-command-structure

Decisions on tiers are made by ministers based on public health recommendations informed by the following factors:

• case detection rate (in all age groups and, in particular, among the over 60s)
  • how quickly case rates are rising or falling
  • positivity in the general population
  • pressure on the NHS – including current and projected (3 to 4 weeks out) NHS capacity – including admissions, general/acute/ICU bed occupancy, staff absences
  • local context and exceptional circumstances such as a local but contained outbreak
If these indicators are not improving, an area may be moved up a tier and if the trajectory improves, the area may move to a lower tier.

:)

It is more than just the infection rate as is clearly explained here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tiering-decisions-to-be-made-through-national-command-structure

Decisions on tiers are made by ministers based on public health recommendations informed by the following factors:

• case detection rate (in all age groups and, in particular, among the over 60s)
  • how quickly case rates are rising or falling
  • positivity in the general population
  • pressure on the NHS – including current and projected (3 to 4 weeks out) NHS capacity – including admissions, general/acute/ICU bed occupancy, staff absences
  • local context and exceptional circumstances such as a local but contained outbreak
If these indicators are not improving, an area may be moved up a tier and if the trajectory improves, the area may move to a lower tier.

:)

The bold criterion, is that 'general attitude'? Like 'pubs will remain closed until morale improves'?

I live in Hampshire but right on the border with Surrey and Berkshire, can drink in pubs in all 3 counties easily enough, I just needed one bloody county out of three to be in tier one. Just got to decide which out of Cornwall, Isle of Wight or Scilly isles I am moving to now.

The bold criterion, is that 'general attitude'? Like 'pubs will remain closed until morale improves'?

I think opening said establishments would boost both moral and "positivity".... the latter wouldn`t be good though.
Thank the Lord for Beer52 !

Eh? And no it definitely
wasn't your point you never mentioned swindon in your comment at all
DUH! The point I was making was that Watford had 3 tested and were isolating and they still played as they had a team, the scum had 4 coaches and 1 player test positive and they couldn’t play. What’s the difference 1 player and 4 coaching staff, Watford 3 players test positive and correctly self isolate.

Thursday numbers....
36536 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 36257 (increase 306).
17180 (increase of 138) were within the Leicester City Council area.
19383 (increase of 168) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 4 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days, 20th November (2), and 24th November (2).
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 579.

Friday figures......
36878 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 36563 (increase 315).
17318 (increase of 138) were within the Leicester City Council area.
19560 (increase of 177) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 5 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 20th November (1), 25th November (2) and 26th November (2).
UHL death's now stands at 584.

DUH! The point I was making was that Watford had 3 tested and were isolating and they still played as they had a team, the scum had 4 coaches and 1 player test positive and they couldn’t play. What’s the difference 1 player and 4 coaching staff, Watford 3 players test positive and correctly self isolate.
DUH you kicked off big time about Crewe wanting to play with one positive because the whole team didn't isolate. At least be consistent.

DUH you kicked off big time about Crewe wanting to play with one positive because the whole team didn't isolate. At least be consistent.
DUH The difference is Beckles travelled with the squad knowing he had been tested and didn’t say anything until it came back positive non the day of the game so potentially infecting other Crewe players...two tested positive as a result. Sonif Crewe played there would be a good chance that an Oxford player or two could have been infected and as KR said 6 of his squad had heavily to pregnant wives.

Now Swindon said they had 3 not 4 as I previously stated coaching staff down with covid and 1 player.they hadn’t travelled and could easily have checked whether there was a similar risk to the Crewe game.

I commented on this as Watford had 3 player self isolating but they still played the game with other players in the squad.

So I raised the question it was quite simple to understand but obviously not simple enough for you to understand.

Saturday numbers....
37104 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 36878 (increase 226).
17421 (increase of 103) were within the Leicester City Council area.
19683 (increase of 123) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 12 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 20th November (1), 22nd November (2), 24th November (1), 25th November (2), 26th November (3) and 27th November (3).

Total number of UHL death's now stands at 596.

Look back through this thread....

From the article above...
The study also found certain groups had a higher chance of testing positive over this period:
  • People of Asian ethnicity
  • People living in the most deprived neighbourhoods
  • People living in the largest households
Who would have thought it.......

Sunday numbers..... cases dropping away it seems.

37316 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 37104 (increase 212).
17519 (increase of 98) were within the Leicester City Council area.
19797 (increase of 114) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 5 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 22nd November (1), 23rd November (2), 25th November (1), and 26th November (1).
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 601.

DUH The difference is Beckles travelled with the squad knowing he had been tested and didn’t say anything until it came back positive non the day of the game so potentially infecting other Crewe players...two tested positive as a result. Sonif Crewe played there would be a good chance that an Oxford player or two could have been infected and as KR said 6 of his squad had heavily to pregnant wives.

Now Swindon said they had 3 not 4 as I previously stated coaching staff down with covid and 1 player.they hadn’t travelled and could easily have checked whether there was a similar risk to the Crewe game.

I commented on this as Watford had 3 player self isolating but they still played the game with other players in the squad.

So I raised the question it was quite simple to understand but obviously not simple enough for you to understand.
You think players are only in contact with each other on a coach or hotel to a game?

We should have played Crewe if that was the only danger. No danger from playing on a pitch obviously so doesn't matter if they all had it or not.

Given how many times the Beckles thing has been explained to you by I dont know how many people I will not comment on your last point.

You think players are only in contact with each other on a coach or hotel to a game?

We should have played Crewe if that was the only danger. No danger from playing on a pitch obviously so doesn't matter if they all had it or not.

Given how many times the Beckles thing has been explained to you by I dont know how many people I will not comment on your last point.
He travelled with the virus albeit he hadn’t received the results as a result Robbo didn’t want to play the game under the e government guidelines and as Robbo explained he had 6 senior players whose wives were heavily pregnant and didn’t want to put them at risk, and he was right in doing so. As it turned out two Crewe players tested positive as a result of Beckles and there may have been a chance that they could have passed on the infection to OUFC players.
I will say again as you seem to be to simple to understand. Watford had 3’players test positive and they had to self isolate so they used other squad members to cover so as to play the game, whereas Swindon had 3 coaches and a player with the virus so there are 21 left in the squad so they surely could have played a team on the original date.
I hope you can understand what I have now written. Duh

Back
Top Bottom