International News Covid-19 .....

Very fortunate, those of us wealthy enough to not have our kids and grandchildren sharing our houses.
True, but for many in that and similar communities, the whole family living in one abode is not driven by the lack of finance, quite the reverse.
It’s about family and old traditions.

Last edited:
Very fortunate, those of us wealthy enough to not have our kids and grandchildren sharing our houses.

As above it is an admirable family & cultural choice.
It is certainly not driven by poverty around these parts.
3 generations provides the care & support network, but when the kids get a bug so does everyone else in the house.

Saturday stat`s......
30,545 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 29,803 (increase 742).
14,474 (increase of 279) were within the Leicester City Council area.
16,071 (increase of 463) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 3 death's. The death's occurred on the following days, 10th November (1), 11th November (1) and 12th November (1).
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 523.

You have any evidence for this assertion?

Its a commonly accepted reality.
For what it is worth I think it is a good thing for the family unit.
The grandparents are there for the kids, the middle generation can work with the home support and they can look after the family elders.
By default extending a property adds to the value for the family although I understand not all will live this way through choice the majority do.

Want a lived example? We have 4 houses I can see from ours that are all having "grandchildren" extensions be it attic conversions or wrap round extensions. All South Asian families.

You have decided to join the truth deniers,abusers and don't except other peoples freedom of speech well done.
I choose to except the undeniable proof from renound scientists, imunologists, virologists, biologists and doctors who are putting thir careers and reputations on the line to help us all. They have nothing to gain at all they are decent human beings who follow their hipocratic oath-

As an important step in becoming a doctor, medical students must take the Hippocratic Oath. And one of the promises within that oath is “first, do no harm” (or “primum non nocere,” the Latin translation from the original Greek.)Jun 22, 2020

'the truth deniers,abusers and don't except other peoples freedom of speech'

These 'truth deniers' you refer to, would they happen to include the global scientific community? As for freedom of speech, I certainly accept this but it doesn't follow that I have to give what is said any credence. I am free to question what I hear, as are you. The difference is, I prefer to inform myself with reliable evidence rather than dodgy sound bites and dis/misinformation.
A colleague of mine who is a research professor at Imperial college has the following research mantra 'Question everything with a clear mind, examine all the evidence and when you've done that, do it again'.

Some people seem to think that 'freedom of speech' means you have the right to talk drivel *and* be taken seriously. People do have 'freedom of speech' in this and many other parts of the world or else these idiots would not be able to post their uninformed 'theories' on public media. The fact that the more informed, less credulous among us treat them as the cobbled together ravings of attention-seekers and the witless, does not mean you have not got 'freedom of speech'. Opinions and unsupported theories are just that, and have no equivalence to facts.

Just thought I'd talk about the experience we had yesterday of testing, wife was poorly, temp, cough etc. so booked a test for her at the Oxford Parkway for first thing (within an hour of booking) and she had her results back (fortunately negative) within 9 hours via text and email, which is pretty impressive and meant our kids were only out of school for one day.

I know this isn't everybody's experience but for us we can't praise the whole operation highly enough, it was all straight forward and apparently smooth and professional at the test site.

Some people seem to think that 'freedom of speech' means you have the right to talk drivel *and* be taken seriously. People do have 'freedom of speech' in this and many other parts of the world or else these idiots would not be able to post their uninformed 'theories' on public media. The fact that the more informed, less credulous among us treat them as the cobbled together ravings of attention-seekers and the witless, does not mean you have not got 'freedom of speech'. Opinions and unsupported theories are just that, and have no equivalence to facts.
Indeed. I always shudder when I read posters on here - and elsewhere - asserting they have 'the right to an opinion' before spouting unsupported statements that anyone with a remotely enquiring brain would dismiss as nonsense.

John Cleese once observed that 'in any group of 100 people you can find one who thinks he's Napolean' (or words to that effect).

Indeed. I always shudder when I read posters on here - and elsewhere - asserting they have 'the right to an opinion' before spouting unsupported statements that anyone with a remotely enquiring brain would dismiss as nonsense.

John Cleese once observed that 'in any group of 100 people you can find one who thinks he's Napolean' (or words to that effect).
How dare you! I am Napoleon!!

When taxing starts heading north you might want to know where some of YOUR money off going.

Always good to know.

BBC News - Go-between paid £21m in taxpayer funds for NHS PPE

Numbers.... be patient.... goal posts have been shifted by PHE.

PHE has updated the way it records the location of people who test positive or negative for COVID-19.
It now prioritises addresses given at the point of testing over the details registered on a patient’s NHS Summary Care Record, or in a student’s case, address where they are currently living not home address.
This better reflects the distribution of cases and testing.
However, it may give rise to differences in previously reported numbers of cases and rates in some areas.
The change has been retrospectively applied to tests carried out from 1 September 2020, and data was updated to reflect this change on 16 November 2020.
Due to reallocation of cases in this way, the number of cases reported by local authority may be artificially high or low on 16 November 2020.

So Leicester City figures.
Previous day figure was 14,474.
Another 243 positive cases were added to give a total 14,717.
The reallocation of test results saw 64 Leicester positive cases removed and added to other UK area totals.
437 positive case were added to the Leicester City total.
The difference meant that another 373 positive cases were added to the City total.
Added together 243 + 373 gave a daily rise of 616, taking Leicester City total to 15,090.

Melton & Harborough’s figure for yesterday was actually lower than the previous day after reallocation.
The reporting system could not report a daily minus figure so defaulted to zero. (Don`t laugh at the back!!)
Previous day County figure was 16,071.
New figure 16,636 after new positive case and reallocation took place.
This now gives a total of 31,726 positive cases in Leicestershire.

And we have 230 positive in patients and are at Alert Level 4....... it only goes up to 5.

When taxing starts heading north you might want to know where some of YOUR money off going.

Always good to know.

I`ll take a punt that as it is in court he won`t be doing very well from it. Still exciting headline....

Always good to know.

Taxes won’t be going North, at least not until Labour are elected in 2024

Taxes won’t be going North, at least not until Labour are elected in 2024

Do you not think they'll have to in covering the COVID hole?

Surely further cuts can't be the answer?

Back
Top Bottom