Club Song

played Perkele’s yellow and blue on the way home from work friday, full volume in my car.
don’t mind that one at all as certainly lifts you.
however if the worse happens on monday it will be Coldplay’s Yellow

which would amount to something 'imposed' by a particular adminstration/ ownership set up

club song should (imo) be adopted by the supporters , not the board of directors
Bloody communists ?

I have to say, I do like a good a club song belted out by all before kick off. If you ever visit Anfield, City, West Ham etc, it does stir emotion before kickoff.
Is there a song that we have associated with over the years that could somehow be revived?
City? I've been to Court place Farm. Can't remember their song !

I have to say, I do like a good a club song belted out by all before kick off. If you ever visit Anfield, City, West Ham etc, it does stir emotion before kickoff.
Is there a song that we have associated with over the years that could somehow be revived?
I remember The team running out to when the going gets tough the tough get going at the Manor,suppose the latest is Sweet Caroline but not sure that would get the crowd Going

With apologies to Olivia Newton-John:

Take me home, London Road
To the place, I belong
Up the hill boys, at the Manor
Take me home, London Road

• React
Reactions: MJB
I was cringing Monday night as we came out to that pathetic yellow submarine crap...
The song itself may not be your favourite, clearly. However the Oxford version that the fans sing is by far and away the OUFC club anthem. It completely silences opposition fans, is properly loud and lasts a long time, massive kudos to the lad who leads it.

The way the fans sing it doesn't really fit when the original is playing over the speakers... but do we really need kareoke when pre match music is on?

The song itself may not be your favourite, clearly. However the Oxford version that the fans sing is by far and away the OUFC club anthem. It completely silences opposition fans, is properly loud and lasts a long time, massive kudos to the lad who leads it.

The way the fans sing it doesn't really fit when the original is playing over the speakers... but do we really need kareoke when pre match music is on?

That was the only highlight of the dire 1-1 draw at Northampton away in that game under Clotet. I remember there being a Northampton fan vlog and it was the loudest part of the video.

With the ultras gone and there being a lack of original songs anymore aside from the Bodin and Brannagan efforts, its the only real one we have with any identity in 2022.

I’ve always found it underwhelming- slow, big build up and then it fizzles out

Not spotted the fella who normally leads the song this season (that I’ve noticed at least) so the song might have gone forever too!

giphy.gif

I hope this puts to bed the "we need a club anthem" threads ;)

1 minute 30 seconds in (should start there automatically)

Superb, iconic, well done all! Particularly the lad who leads it (y)

(y) there you go.

With words as well.........

Back
Top Bottom