City of London Investment Trust - CTY

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
@Peterdev got me looking at these and they are quite high on my long term strategy.

Sold on eToro for a small profit, maybe 4-5%. Sold at 362p and purchased on Freetrade for 359, I set a limit of 360p so this was triggered this morning.

Lets use this thread to discuss any stories from the trust and our own journey :)

I talked to someone local to me and at my suggestion he bought into CTY As part of a longer term investment.
I was gobsmacked when he told me he had his first dividend from them. Over £1000 and never happened before.
He has therefore got an investment of around £85000

I talked to someone local to me and at my suggestion he bought into CTY As part of a longer term investment.
I was gobsmacked when he told me he had his first dividend from them. Over £1000 and never happened before.
He has therefore got an investment of around £85000
If only! We should start our own investment fund! :)

I've done ok with CTY. In profit and holding onto them. I may well buy more in the near future. Not sure I can extend myself to £85k though!

So CTY is basically 110% invested in big blue chip stocks on the FTSE like BAT, Unilever, Diageo, GSJ, Shell, HSBC, BP and yields a 5% dividend.

A lot easier than going and buying the stocks yourself, but hardly a cutting edge fund.

So CTY is basically 110% invested in big blue chip stocks on the FTSE like BAT, Unilever, Diageo, GSJ, Shell, HSBC, BP and yields a 5% dividend.

A lot easier than going and buying the stocks yourself, but hardly a cutting edge fund.
Sometimes easy is all that's needed.

It’s one you can sleep easy with, whilst picking up the stock on weakness.
Its not like Scottish Mortgage, which is certainly risky

Nice little rise again £3.6350
Taylor Wimpey soaring on possibilities of a brexit deal. Tempted to come out and go back in again

Managed to get these for 359 yesterday, up to 363 today.

Its deffo a stock that will drop to a good price at some point before climbing.

All looking very nice! Bought in at 3.22 and again for 3.54 so both sets are in profit.

Thanks due to @Peterdev for the tip on the dividend.
No problem. 364p today. I’m happy banking dividends on this company. As the prices of shares rise {hopefully} over the next year dividends should too. I think it will rise from 4.75p to 5.0p per share.

I also think buying on weakness is a good way of increasing a return. Any profits I make I plan to put into CTY.
Interesting to think that a holding of 7500 shares can provide a nice income of £120pm
Much better than non existent interest rates in the banks or negative rates in the future

I also think buying on weakness is a good way of increasing a return. Any profits I make I plan to put into CTY.
Interesting to think that a holding of 7500 shares can provide a nice income of £120pm
Much better than non existent interest rates in the banks or negative rates in the future
Do they pay one div?

Back
Top Bottom