Local News Bus Gates in the City Centre

Do you support Bus Gates in Oxford?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The council's latest idea is to widen the cycle lane in both directions on Magdalen Bridge. But it means not enough space for the cars, so to avoid hitting an oncoming vehicle you have to straddle the cycle lane! So safe....

The council's latest idea is to widen the cycle lane in both directions on Magdalen Bridge. But it means not enough space for the cars, so to avoid hitting an oncoming vehicle you have to straddle the cycle lane! So safe....
But the council keep promoting BMW and they make cars, but how long before the OCC ban all cars from the city and surrounding areas to all cars. Would BMW want to carry on in a non car city?

But the council keep promoting BMW and they make cars, but how long before the OCC ban all cars from the city and surrounding areas to all cars. Would BMW want to carry on in a non car city?
I think you need to switch to a longer focus. How soon until we’re in autonomous electric vehicles and things like “public transport” and “private vehicle ownership” are dead? I guess sooner than we all expect.
I would say that it wouldn’t bother bmw in the least, but might make them think about how oxford could be a perfect city for their future vehicles. :)

I think you need to switch to a longer focus. How soon until we’re in autonomous electric vehicles and things like “public transport” and “private vehicle ownership” are dead? I guess sooner than we all expect.
I would say that it wouldn’t bother bmw in the least, but might make them think about how oxford could be a perfect city for their future vehicles. :)
The trouble with the idea of simply sharing autonomous electric vehicles is that in reality the vehicle would be full of crisp packets and crap from the last person, and one of the doors wouldn’t close properly. Also there’s no snob value in shared vehicles so the big shots among us would want their own, leaving us in our current situation of not enough space for all the vehicles

Hopefully in the post pandemic world some employers will have seen that many of us were more productive working from home and so many jobs will switch to be fully or partly home based. This will help to ease rush hour congestion.

Hopefully in the post pandemic world some employers will have seen that many of us were more productive working from home and so many jobs will switch to be fully or partly home based. This will help to ease rush hour congestion.
Unfortunately I can't see it happening. My company would rather have everyone back in, as its easier to monitor work apparently. And it's too tempting to slack off at home apparently... That's management for you.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening. My company would rather have everyone back in, as its easier to monitor work apparently. And it's too tempting to slack off at home apparently... That's management for you.

Could they not just bring the lazy ones back?

Could they not just bring the lazy ones back?
I think they could treat everyone as adults, and those who abuse the trust have the right taken away, but then what do I know. Obviously some positions and tasks are more productive on site, but there must be a middle ground to be found.

Back
Top Bottom