Brexit deadline - your plans

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Hey

So, I've pulled out all of my ETF's from eToro and going to invest into funds. A mix of European, China and a lifestyle fund which includes UK, US, developed markets and emerging markets. The latter will be more heavily invested due to the diverse markets.

I'm torn, hold off longer incase it's no deal and watch stocks go down. Or buy now incase of a deal which then sees stocks rise?

What's your plans?

Hey

So, I've pulled out all of my ETF's from eToro and going to invest into funds. A mix of European, China and a lifestyle fund which includes UK, US, developed markets and emerging markets. The latter will be more heavily invested due to the diverse markets.

I'm torn, hold off longer incase it's no deal and watch stocks go down. Or buy now incase of a deal which then sees stocks rise?

What's your plans?

Anyone’s guess.... probably select your funds and drip feed your investment would be my strategy.

Im keeping some cash in reserve playing the waiting game... markets will be nervous leading into Christmas I would have thought.

Couldn’t agree more.
in the meantime we bought toilet rolls in bulk reduced at Costco
Buy banks as they will reinstate dividends

Last edited:
Not looking like a deal is to be struck at the moment is it.... although I still wonder if this is last minute posturing.

I was a remainer, but on the basis the vote was to leave I don’t see any mileage in leaving with no say in Europe whilst still being tied down by them.

Spent the last four and a half years watching the Conservative Party relentlessly indulge their fascination with ‘freedom’, whatever that is supposed to be. I assume this will go....and on....and on. The polarisation will continue to grow whenever we identify times when we are supposed to be all ‘in something together.’ Our inadequate politicians will continue to be inadequate. The future? I’m on the fence about this....

We`ll be in Cumbria....... probably sleeping off a good day walking!

"They" have got until May to sort it out before we need to worry about anything.

The future? I’m on the fence about this....

I can’t remember the last time I was so uncertain about what the next 5 years or so will have in store for us all.

Just glad that I am not a young lad starting out on a career path... Seems far more challenging than when I started out back in 1989.

Thankful to be gradually winding down into semi-retirement without the stress.

Given the garbage coming out of the EC, I would have thought it's a given. We can leave but we have to bow down before them still. Ludicrous.

Hello!!! HELLO!!!!

The World is calling... The many nations of the world do not comply with the fantasies of Brexiters. Governments around the world have the interests of their own nations at heart, not the UK's.

Every trade deal has a price. That price is "SOVEREIGNTY". Give up some sovereignty and reap the benefits of international trade. Withhold your sovereignty, and live in isolation... Slowly becoming more and more left behind... Empires fall. Their once wealthy states fall into ruin. Is Britain is destined to be an impoverished nation, but religiously believing it's people to be superior?

In January, President Celtic, otherwise known as Biden, will take office. Forget a trade deal with the US, he doesn't want a piece of our sovereignty, he wants international agreements made regarding Ireland to be honored. This means no border across Ireland, and a border down the Irish sea... The US is a pretty powerful foe. A UK as we know it that's not in the European Single Market and Customs Union (both incidentally conceived by the British), is not possible.

Brexit will end in national humiliation - rather like that which resulted from the Suez Crisis. The British defeat and humiliation resulted British Prime Minister Anthony Eden resigning. Boris' days are numbered.

The Suez Crisis cause a massive political fallout in Britain and resulted in an economic crisis, while internationally it further complicated the politics of the Middle East, threatening Britain’s key diplomatic relationships with Commonwealth nations and the United States-United Kingdom ‘special relationship’.

On 4 November the United Nations threatened Britain with sanctions. This led to economic panic in the first week of November 1956 and resulted in tens of millions of pounds being lost from the country’s reserves. Britain faced having to devalue its currency. US President Eisenhower put pressure on the International Monetary Fund to deny Britain any financial assistance... Joe Biden could do the same...

Hello!!! HELLO!!!!

The World is calling... The many nations of the world do not comply with the fantasies of Brexiters. Governments around the world have the interests of their own nations at heart, not the UK's.

Every trade deal has a price. That price is "SOVEREIGNTY". Give up some sovereignty and reap the benefits of international trade. Withhold your sovereignty, and live in isolation... Slowly becoming more and more left behind... Empires fall. Their once wealthy states fall into ruin. Is Britain is destined to be an impoverished nation, but religiously believing it's people to be superior?

In January, President Celtic, otherwise known as Biden, will take office. Forget a trade deal with the US, he doesn't want a piece of our sovereignty, he wants international agreements made regarding Ireland to be honored. This means no border across Ireland, and a border down the Irish sea... The US is a pretty powerful foe. A UK as we know it that's not in the European Single Market and Customs Union (both incidentally conceived by the British), is not possible.

Brexit will end in national humiliation - rather like that which resulted from the Suez Crisis. The British defeat and humiliation resulted British Prime Minister Anthony Eden resigning. Boris' days are numbered.

The Suez Crisis cause a massive political fallout in Britain and resulted in an economic crisis, while internationally it further complicated the politics of the Middle East, threatening Britain’s key diplomatic relationships with Commonwealth nations and the United States-United Kingdom ‘special relationship’.

On 4 November the United Nations threatened Britain with sanctions. This led to economic panic in the first week of November 1956 and resulted in tens of millions of pounds being lost from the country’s reserves. Britain faced having to devalue its currency. US President Eisenhower put pressure on the International Monetary Fund to deny Britain any financial assistance... Joe Biden could do the same...
Gosh! I never knew. Fancy that. Suez, well, well. I see. Hmmm.

And trade, no trade outside the EC? Is that it? And the good folks of the USA will not talk to us anymore? Or even worse, they will become the foe, you say?

I can see it all now. Thank you.

Hey

What's your plans?
If your focusing on the markets, putting Brexit aside the EM side has been particularly hit this year but is usually the first to rebound.

Stay away from Bricks & Mortar retail, REITs, Commercial and to some degree Travel and Hospitality. On the whole Brexit has been priced in a long time ago. The focus has been on Covid19. Not so much the tactical stocks that immediately became appealing (Healthcare, PPE, WFH technology) but more the legacy impacts, ie Online Retailers and distributors.

Also, as companies embrace WFH permanently, look at those names or areas that will benefit from a decentralised national workforce.

Commercial struggled today. I think bricks and mortar will do ok..Taylor Wimpey have always performed well over the longer term

Commercial struggled today. I think bricks and mortar will do ok..Taylor Wimpey have always performed well over the longer term

Was holding off on TW at around £1.10 .. thought they were dipping to around £1 .... they have not stopped rising since.

Keeping an eye on this.... if they start to drop again I’ll probably jump in.

Given the garbage coming out of the EC, I would have thought it's a given. We can leave but we have to bow down before them still. Ludicrous.
Why is it ludicrous? What am I missing? If we imposed new higher standards on our farmers would we say importers only needed to comply with the old lowers standards giving them a competitive advantage? Serious question.

Last edited:
Boris J just said a no deal is a strong possibility.
He also said today,that we face a wonderful future outside the EU.
He’s a deluded,compulsive liar and it’s doubtful whether he will stick around to find out.

Hello!!! HELLO!!!!

That second paragraph 😂

Was holding off on TW at around £1.10 .. thought they were dipping to around £1 .... they have not stopped rising since.

Keeping an eye on this.... if they start to drop again I’ll probably jump in.
They have dipped from around 170p to 150p....wish I’d sold then and waited.
I think they represent a good buy now, especially as dividends looks likely to be restored next year

Why is it ludicrous? What am I missing? If we imposed new higher standards on our farmers would we say importers only needed to comply with the old lowers standards giving them a competitive advantage? Serious question.
So @Manorlounger is there an answer or is it just faux outrage from Brexiteers (again) ? Help me understand why it's 'ludicrous'.

Back
Top Bottom