National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

So, on one hand, our government is actively encouraging ( paying) farmers not to grow crops, rear livestock,yet then signing trade deals to import beef from the other side of the world.

Feckin nuts.

You forgot "plant trees to sequestrate carbon from the atmosphere".

Surely the whole pandemic etc has taught us that food security is up there with physical security?

Of course global warming isn`t caused by shipping food half way around the world when it can be born,raised and eaten here.

Except avocados ..................and nobody will miss those feckin slimy green things. 🥑🥑 ❌

Surely the whole pandemic etc has taught us that food security is up there with physical security?

Of course global warming isn`t caused by shipping food half way around the world when it can be born,raised and eaten here.

Except avocados ..................and nobody will miss those feckin slimy green things. 🥑🥑 ❌

Retract or its pistols at dawn.

Retract or its pistols at dawn.

You acknowledge it is the fruit of the Devil yet challenge me on the same fact? :ROFLMAO:

Although according to the Urban Dictionary the @DevilsAvocado is "A person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments"

I missed a trick there. 🤷‍♀️

You acknowledge it is the fruit of the Devil yet challenge me on the same fact? :ROFLMAO:

Although according to the Urban Dictionary the @DevilsAvocado is "A person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments"

I missed a trick there. 🤷‍♀️

Typical Brexiteer kneejerk reaction to another popular misconception.

Explain to me exactly what it is the Devil has ever done to you or yours to deserve that ?

You see this is what happens when you don`t play ball with fleet street, the guy suffers from really bad
press, fkin tabloids have a lot to answer for.

Let me put it this way, on one hand you have a load of people all dressed in white that live in this one place where the most
exciting thing that happens is the 4pm tea and biscuits followed by an hour of Enid Blyton.

Meanwhile, down below...

The Devil is a DJ

Do i need to go on ?

#ProudtobetheDevilsfruit

Typical Brexiteer kneejerk reaction to another popular misconception.

Explain to me exactly what it is the Devil has ever done to you or yours to deserve that ?

You see this is what happens when you don`t play ball with fleet street, the guy suffers from really bad
press, fkin tabloids have a lot to answer for.

Let me put it this way, on one hand you have a load of people all dressed in white that live in this one place where the most
exciting thing that happens is the 4pm tea and biscuits followed by an hour of Enid Blyton.

Meanwhile, down below...

The Devil is a DJ

Do i need to go on ?

#ProudtobetheDevilsfruit
Come on, what kind of biscuits? You can't just leave us hanging like that.

Quick one on the whole modern slavery thing (which is a worldwide issue) but it is topical as it’s Anti Slavery Day.

We (people involved in the sector I work in) are beginning to see the hallmarks of an increase due to the lack of available workers in some sectors and some “circumnavigation” of legal employment practices.

Exploitation of workers predominantly arises where peaks and troughs can’t be managed in a supply chain in addition to a shortage of legal workers and those migrant/economy workers entering a country illegally and thus being employed through the back door to work.

We saw an increase in 2020 which it was believed was as a result of covid and I imagine when analysis is done on 2021 figures labour shortages in agriculture and construction will see another increase.

To suggest that our membership in the EU encouraged modern day slavery in the U.K. is wide of the mark.
On the subject of modern day slavery a simple check on google will show people where it is mainly today. There seems little uproar from the same people who are outraged about what happened 150 plus years ago. Mind you China India and a few other countries including World Cup hosts would react in an entirely different way to what we saw here protest wise last year. Also I am fairly sure one of the biggest slave movements ever was from the South East of Europe ( 2.5 million people) plus East Africa to the Middle East albeit a long time ago but very little ever mentioned about it.
This post is an observation not me looking for an debate with anyone but please feel free to factually correct me.

Last edited:

I didn’t “ forget “ anything.
Although not specifically mentioned, my post was prompted by the trade deal that allows the future importing of NZ grass fed beef.
Which, if I’ve interpreted you correctly, would be fine if our farmers plant trees,instead of rearing cattle on grass.

I didn’t “ forget “ anything.
Although not specifically mentioned, my post was prompted by the trade deal that allows the future importing of NZ grass fed beef.
Which, if I’ve interpreted you correctly, would be fine if our farmers plant trees,instead of rearing cattle on grass.

Absolutely not. I would like our farmers to be doing what they do best - farming.
Quality, seasonal, local food and far less food waste.
Good for the economy, good for the planet and good for the consumer.

Our lack of food security is absolutely frightening as evidenced by recent supplychain issues.

Absolutely not. I would like our farmers to be doing what they do best - farming.
Quality, seasonal, local food and far less food waste.
Good for the economy, good for the planet and good for the consumer.

Our lack of food security is absolutely frightening as evidenced by recent supplychain issues.
A lot of Remainers are scared of anything with a British flag on it Essex!

😂😂

How to hold two opposing opinions at the same time and not be ashamed. Be a Tory minister.

I watched this twice.
I thought the ministers explanation was plausible and she’s only in trouble if the government does allow EU applicants, without reclassifying them as skilled.
Whether the apparent policy to recruit & train a “skilled” workforce from within the UK will be successful is another matter

10 months after we "left" you expect everything to be sorted out?
If we hadn`t wasted 4 years fudging about we might be a lot further down the road.
And then chuck in a bit of a global problem that will have hit hospitality, haulage, agriculture, manufacturing etc.........

Come back when the ship is in smother water and the icebergs have passed. ;)
I think the best way to get the economy pumping is to keep crying and wetting the bed about brexit.

Kleenex must have made a killing with all the remainer tears? #brexitbonus

I watched this twice.
I thought the ministers explanation was plausible and she’s only in trouble if the government does allow EU applicants, without reclassifying them as skilled.
Whether the apparent policy to recruit & train a “skilled” workforce from within the UK will be successful is another matter
We are heading towards '1984' when a representative of the government (and this point is critical as she is taking for the government or she isn't) can take two opposing positions on a single issue. We have reach '1984' when people believe them.

We are heading towards '1984' when a representative of the government (and this point is critical as she is taking for the government or she isn't) can take two opposing positions on a single issue. We have reach '1984' when people believe them.
We’ll soon be sent to the Ministry of Love Island

So you can`t understand that there are differing definitions of "skilled worker" ?

One for people doing a skilled caring job within the UK.

One for people doing a skilled job that is supported by the visa scheme that allows migration.

It`s not difficult.

In another context, the skill of a football winger is far different from the skill of a centre half.

Hope that helps. :)

So you can`t understand that there are differing definitions of "skilled worker" ?

One for people doing a skilled caring job within the UK.

One for people doing a skilled job that is supported by the visa scheme that allows migration.

It`s not difficult.

In another context, the skill of a football winger is far different from the skill of a centre half.

Hope that helps. :)
It's called having your cake and eating it.
It's called deception.
It's called DOUBLE THINK.

YOU LOVE BIG BROTHER.

Back
Top Bottom