National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

It’s all kinda hinging on this, right?

Where do we go from here, if we can’t get a satisfactory deal?
Well...we were softening our rhetoric on China...until we formed the Totes AUKUS alliance...
Time for Liz Truss to get her map out again.
Whatever happens, it will involve copious imports of plastic cheap tat from somewhere (Essex won't be happy, nor will Greta), whilst increasing our carbon footprint just as Boris tells the world it must try harder on climate change[emoji1787]

Yet more classic Bojo "do as I say, not as I do"

It’s all kinda hinging on this, right?

Where do we go from here, if we can’t get a satisfactory deal?
Perhaps we could try to get closer to that trading block on the continent? I think if we got rid of the red tape and maybe aligned ourselves with them a bit we may be able to do some good trade. Why hasn't anyone thought of this?

Perhaps we could try to get closer to that trading block on the continent? I think if we got rid of the red tape and maybe aligned ourselves with them a bit we may be able to do some good trade. Why hasn't anyone thought of this?
Indeed, the US is miles away and a very alien culture. Europe is nearby and generally shares our values as a developed country - makes a lot of sense.

If we could do that without relinquishing any sovereignty or amalgamating our military into a wider force, then I would think at least 52% of the country would go for it.....

If we could do that without relinquishing any sovereignty or amalgamating our military into a wider force, then I would think at least 52% of the country would go for it.....
"relinquishing any sovereignty' is just an Express scare headline. "amalgamating our military into a wider force" - what, like NATO for instance? It would get vetoed before it got off the ground if there was to be any concerted effort for an EU Army.

"relinquishing any sovereignty' is just an Express scare headline. "amalgamating our military into a wider force" - what, like NATO for instance? It would get vetoed before it got off the ground.
Or, dare I say UN forces on numerous peacekeeping and humanitarian missions around the world over the last 60 plus years, perhaps?

Scare stories and windy rhetoric peddled by the "patriotic" elite who essentially want their tax/financial affairs to remain murky, rather than transparent and accountable on a level playing field across Europe - nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
That's all well and good, but who wants to deal with the French?

I'd much rather we expanded our trading links with those fine, upstanding world citizens, the Saudis.

Joe, who voted to end fredom of movement, didn't realise this also meant his freedom of movement. Wait. I thought all brexiteers knew what they were voting for. Strange. 🤷‍♂️

"Want a surefire way to make us a laughing stock around the world?"

Was that it?
Actually, that is quite true, when I have spoken to people here in Asia, they do laugh at the UK and the people. But since then, and due to Covid, a lot of other countries have become quite inward looking/protectionist if you want to call it. So hence have little reason to laugh.

Well...we were softening our rhetoric on China...until we formed the Totes AUKUS alliance...
Time for Liz Truss to get her map out again.
Whatever happens, it will involve copious imports of plastic cheap tat from somewhere (Essex won't be happy, nor will Greta), whilst increasing our carbon footprint just as Boris tells the world it must try harder on climate change[emoji1787]

Yet more classic Bojo "do as I say, not as I do"

So gone from "I think free trade would be relatively straightforward between the UK and America" to "It's just not a priority for the US administration", whilst realising "The Americans do negotiate very hard."

So gone from "I think free trade would be relatively straightforward between the UK and America" to "It's just not a priority for the US administration", whilst realising "The Americans do negotiate very hard."
Was it Gove that said that?

Sounds like the kind of thing he'd say...especially when he's off his t1ts on toot (as per).....

Was it Gove that said that?

Sounds like the kind of thing he'd say...especially when he's off his t1ts on toot (as per).....
I think that quote might have initially come from the genius that is Douglas Carswell, former Tory and UKIP MP and co-founder of Vote Leave. I saw his name crop up recently as the CEO of something called the Mississippi Centre for Public Policy, which advocates lower taxes, less government interference, religious freedoms (not that anyone restricts them in the US) free-market healthcare reforms. Oh, it has also taken action recently against Mayor's trying to introduce Covid restrictions.

He always struck me as intellectually 'lacking' as Iain Duncan (note: middle name) Smith and a political opportunist - having achieved his aim of leaving the EU, he sods off to the USA.

having achieved his aim of leaving the EU, he sods off to the USA.
Yes, it is quite something seeing numerous people who said it would be a land of milk and honey, and who convinced so many people it would make their lives better, bailing out and slinking off before the ship is out of view from the port. Almost like they knew it was going to sink and bet on it doing so the whole time, for personal gain.

Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom