National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Day #40000. Page 101 of the Brexit thread.

Upset posters are continuing to console themselves with fish puns.

Twitter links are being spammed but without the same ferocity as at the start of the week. Most of the subjects appear to have moved to the sixth stage of grief - "reconstruction/working through". Most anger has disappeared. There appears to be a light, even jovial attitude on the thread.

Subjects not yet fit for release into the wider populace.

Increase meds.

Worse, it is dangerous because eventually you arrive at the situation that arose in the US.
It is extremely niave to think it couldn't happen here.

Relax, any planned coup in Blighty would fail at the first handle. Would-be protagonists lack the willpower to stay outta the boozers once they reach London town

Twitter links are being spammed but without the same ferocity as at the start of the week. Most of the subjects appear to have moved to the sixth stage of grief - "reconstruction/working through". Most anger has disappeared. There appears to be a light, even jovial attitude on the thread.

Increase meds.
Spoken like a minnow. Thought you would be living the bream?

I`m not sure why but those dullards at the IMF suggest the UK , despite not being in the EU anymore, is actually capable of a strong post-Covid recovery.
I mean haven`t they read this board?

And in other news Norway and Switzerland seem to fair rather well working alongside but without being in the EU...

Still lets focus on 1 punter having to pay import duty on a pricey coat or some folk who didn`t do the paperwork properly.

Increase meds.

I am not upset, although I am finding the fish puns amusing.

It is what it is.

Two issues here : The Remainer who can’t accept the vote and the Leaver who now regrets the vote.

I have more sympathy for the Remainer and zero sympathy for the Leaver...

But equally, both need to shut the fcuk up and get in with it.

Things are not going to change.

It is what it is.

Two issues here : The Remainer who can’t accept the vote and the Leaver who now regrets the vote.

Things always change, nothing ever stays still. If public opinion changes so will policy. But public opinion changes by influencing it, not this forum obviously.

Beware of fools trying to compare the UK with Switzerland. Switzerland is in the single market and is part of schengen. Oh, Norway is also in schengen and has access to much of the single market.

Beware of fools trying to compare the UK with Switzerland. Switzerland is in the single market and is part of schengen. Oh, Norway is also in schengen and has access to much of the single market.
Switzerland has a free trade agreement with the EU agreed in 1972. Primarily because Switzerland has always tried to remain a neutral nation. Norway a free trade arrangement for free movement of goods, basically the Teresa May agreement. But we decided to negotiate a much worse trading agreement for alledged maintenance of sovereignty.

• React
Reactions: QR

It is what it is.

Leavers didn't 'shut the fcuk up' for 34 fcuking years so why the fcuk should remainers???

Switzerland has a free trade agreement with the EU agreed in 1972. Primarily because Switzerland has always tried to remain a neutral nation. Norway a free trade arrangement for free movement of goods, basically the Teresa May agreement. But we decided to negotiate a much worse trading agreement for alledged maintenance of sovereignty.
Spot the odd one out....
4ecad44be4e58620413763030c2254d8.jpg

thankfully no additional VAT or handling charges were levied either .... probably helped by the dealer declaring used vinyl record , value E0.00 on the customs declaration sticker
Underdeclaring shipment values on customs invoices is common practice - some customers would instruct us as to the amount they wanted put on the invoice!

Didn't think zero was a valid amount though - our practice was to put a £1/$1 minimum.

Underdeclaring shipment values on customs invoices is common practice - some customers would instruct us as to the amount they wanted put on the invoice!

Didn't think zero was a valid amount though - our practice was to put a £1/$1 minimum.
It tends to be in the record buying/selling world (undeclaring) , some will, some wont....i didnt ask the Spanish seller to do anything regarding declaring value or not...as it was a relstively low value (inc postage ) package at 20 euro....he is an experienced seller & was probably avoiding red tape /paper work requirements (selling to a uk buyer)
Took 15 days to arrive by post though...used to be 5-7 days (pre 31 jan 2020)

Last edited:

Beware of other fools who either haven`t read the full agreement or can`t understand that a country can negotiate a unique deal.
They may also not understand that the benefits may take time to work through rather than happen in 3 weeks especially after 4 years were wasted pandering to the minority and generally fudging about.
Lest we forget we were shackled to it for 34 ****ing years. :)

Didnt ask him to do anything ....it was relstively low value (inc postage ) package at 20 euro....experienced seller probably avoiding red tape /paper work requirements (selling to a uk buyer)
Took 15 days to arrive by post though...used to be 5-7 days (pre 31 jan 2020)

Post is slow all over the UK. Covid and staff shortages combined with a huge increase in volumes.
Little to do with anything else.

Post is slow all over the UK. Covid and staff shortages combined with a huge increase in volumes.
Little to do with anything else.
Disagree... its not any slower within the uK ....first class uk post the same as it was pre (this) lockdown....had 2 packages (records) sent first class to me from within the UK during the past 7 days...both arrived with me the next day after posting

Post coming in from Europe however not, that is slow, considerably slower than it was 3 weeks ago

Last edited:
It seems as if, if you are in the fishing industry or have governmental responsibility for fisheries you should have absolutely known the problems Brexit would bring. So can those Bleating Brexiteers shut up now please.

This was written in November 2018.

Things always change, nothing ever stays still. If public opinion changes so will policy. But public opinion changes by influencing it, not this forum obviously.

I am sure systems and process will develop in that sense, but I was referring more about the fact that we are now out of Europe and not going back in any time soon.

Time to stop the whining and regrets, suck it up and adapt to the new way of life.

Back
Top Bottom