National News The Brexit Thread ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ

If ever there was a posting that could generate 100 pages of comment that was it. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

After you Sir. (y)

I liked the Common Market (remember that?) frictionless trade and all that.
However, in a very concentrated nutshell, it became self perpetuating and regulatory. (NB: Not all regulation is bad!)
The public perception is that we give more than we receive as the EU tries to make everyone equal in all things.
That is the failure of the EU - you can not make "one size fit all".

Don`t be starting Cod wars or we`ll have to trawl up something else. Chris Grayling is sorting out Felixstowe ready for January so everything will be a day bream......

Thereโ€™s so many Sharks out there, you donโ€™t know who to trust or believe .

My wife is loving this thread, I need to Snapper out of it. Otherwise is will be only a matter of time before she runs off with Barry Cooder

Seriously for a moment, this has been the best page on this thread, and I've had to read every one. Just don't let this little diversion get trout of control.

I'm herring some positive noises from the negotiations. The kippers won't be entirely happy but they don't have enough mussel to do anything about it, so will probably have a monk on. Negotiations are now going into Turbot mode and both sides are putting their heart and sole into a solution. The leaders will of course need some time to mullet over and the likes of Emmanuel Mackerelon and Angela...er...Mackerel and the overgrown Urchin-looking Johnson may want a last fine tuna of the detail, but they don't have the stomach to scupper this on porpoise just for the halibut and we must be thankful that Nicolas Sharkozy is nowhere near the process. Reaching common (fishing) ground is a whelk-ome development. And whilst now is not the time for com-plaice-ency, thank cod we can be hopeful of something is in the pipe(fish)line to warm the cockles of you heart.

Back
Top Bottom