National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Nothing on the BBC though..............................................
Don't panic, wipe the froth from your face, its on there...

Last edited:
So a deal that is exactly the same as we have now is said to be 'fantastic' by Johnson. It this setting the scale on which Brexit is to be measured? Not sure I want to see what 'good' looks like.
From reading it, it's not a deal as such, more of an agreement to keep things as they currently are whilst discussions on the actual deal take place next year.

So a deal that is exactly the same as we have now is said to be 'fantastic' by Johnson. Is this setting the scale on which Brexit is to be measured? Not sure I want to see what 'good' looks like.

Absolutely.

Forget the fact that as it stands, we're suddenly going to be facing tariffs on 42% of our exports (the ones that go to the EU....by far and away our largest trade partner). That $10-15b of trade we do each year with Canada is going to be unchanged so let's celebrate!

Hey, at least the price of maple syrup won't go up.....unlike every other imported foodstuff.....

She says.... "Johnson will sign a deal that agrees to align with EU standards on working rights, animal welfare, the environment and much else."

Like its a bad thing. Aren`t said EU Regs just being transposed to UK law until we decide to retain/review/remove?

She says.... "Johnson will sign a deal that agrees to align with EU standards on working rights, animal welfare, the environment and much else."

Like its a bad thing.
I know Saturday was a shock for us all, but are you OK? That's dangerously close to being praise for EU laws there... 😉

A bigger issue in my eyes:
Debenhans & Arcadia employ 30,000 + and DWARF the fishing industry.
But what has Debenhams and Arcadia got to do with Brexit? But yes that is a more depressing bit of news. Debenhams has been struggling for many years, Debenhams have been bailed out 2/3!times and still owe money. There isn’t much left that is Debenhams has more concessions than its own brand, and you can rest assured Phillip Green won’t go short, He’s a terrible businessman.

I know Saturday was a shock for us all, but are you OK? That's dangerously close to being praise for EU laws there... 😉

Ask me again in 5 years when the bonfire starts!
I don`t deny some good things have emerged from the EU, however there were more bad than good.

Ask me again in 5 years when the bonfire starts!
I don`t deny some good things have emerged from the EU, however there were more bad than good.
If ever there was a posting that could generate 100 pages of comment that was it. 😁😁

Back
Top Bottom