International News Black Lives Matter

EuITFVHXYAkn4TV

Well done Brentford. A very clear statement outlining their views. Let’s hope others take the same route.

And to egg, put the email up on here for us all to see.

The only thing wrong with this statement is the suggestion that kneeling ever made an impact in the first place. Someone in their comments references
the NHS clap, which was also entirely useless and was a poor substitute for genuine action.

Why not skim 2-3% off next year's season tickets and donate the cash to Kick it Out or a similar organisation? Perhaps players could donate part of their salaries as a blanket rule. Perhaps the players could go into schools in the Brentford area and teach disadvantaged children. You know - things that might actually make a change.

Look matey!

You don’t know them, we all know that, you wanting to be known as something you’re not towards all things OUFC is laughable!!

I also know how you go about attempting to get your info and it’s also known by members of the club whom passes stuff to you.

Thanks matey!!! 🤣

And I won't share a personal email between myself and the club, but will happily share with a mod to verify it.

Last edited:
Well done Brentford. A very clear statement outlining their views. Let’s hope others take the same route.

And to egg, put the email up on here for us all to see.

I've asked before and you didn't answer: why are you so keen to see teams stop taking the knee?

Agree that Brentford's statement is clear and rational, and I have absolutely no issue with any club who may think the gesture has run its course.

The only thing wrong with this statement is the suggestion that kneeling ever made an impact in the first place. Someone in their comments references
the NHS clap, which was also entirely useless and was a poor substitute for genuine action.

Why not skim 2-3% off next year's season tickets and donate the cash to Kick it Out or a similar organisation? Perhaps players could donate part of their salaries as a blanket rule. Perhaps the players could go into schools in the Brentford area and teach disadvantaged children. You know - things that might actually make a change.

Lots of truth here.

I guess the thing it achieved was to get people talking about racism - not usually a bad thing. (Away from the moronic echo chambers of course)

There is'nt any more racism in football than elsewhere,THATS why kneeling is ridiculous and coupled with a black power fist its pissing people off,there are more black players getting paid good ££££ kicking a ball about percentage wise than white players....oooooo black privilege we should take the knee for white players.....NO its ridiculous and should end NOW....zaha and the Brentford players are probably embarrassed by it all.

Some good ideas in there. The Premier League could easily donate 1% of the TV revenue to an education fund, that would make a difference.

Some good ideas in there. The Premier League could easily donate 1% of the TV revenue to an education fund, that would make a difference.
They could but would they? They weren’t that keen in helping out the EFL at one point

Players should be free to either take the knee or not. It's a personal choice for each player to explain should they wish to do so. It is good to have a statement such as this setting out the clubs thinking behind its actions.

I wouldn't say kneeling hasn't made an impact. Who knows how many young, easily influenced supporters will have seen their heroes call out racism and will consequently challenge racist views they will encounter in their lives.

I have said that it is down to each individual how they express their support, and it is their choice whether they wish to talk about it or not. Both Messrs Hall and Shodipo (I will now refer to all associate members of the football club in formal terms so not to look matey and sad!!) are on twitter and instagram and you're more than welcome to approach either for their views. However, they do not owe anyone an explanation and very clearly have the full support of the club and their team mates in their actions - and that is good enough for me.

And you'll be amazed at how boring my detective work was to get an answer from the club! No hiding in bushes or secret codes in invisible ink, just a simple email to the club who were very happy to talk about ways in which they are using the clubs platform to support inclusion in the community*. So retract away!! Maybe Mr Mac (oh friend!!) doesn't have such fond memories of schooling junior Junior and is ignoring your email!

Anyway, as you don't want to take my word for it, and the club are not replying to you, I guess you either have to accept this or sulk away to yourself. Because I've yet to see a groundswell of support for your fist raising agenda!

* happy to forward relevant emails on to @Malc @SteMerritt or @Eaststandboy to confirm legitimacy of this communication if any of you would like to message me your email addresses!
LOL, it appears Junior thinks he's more important than he really is. Earlier in this thread he said "people know me outside of this forum" like he's something special. Newsflash, most people are known outside of this forum!

As for taking the knee, why are you so against it @Junior_1 ? You're welcome to an opinion, like everyone else.

The only thing wrong with this statement is the suggestion that kneeling ever made an impact in the first place.
It seems to have had a substantial role in awareness and stimulated a lot of discussion around what racism is and how to address it.
I even heard that there’s a forum for a league one football club that has been discussing it for months, when they would have been much less likely to discuss the issues at such length without it. (!)

I've asked before and you didn't answer: why are you so keen to see teams stop taking the knee?

Agree that Brentford's statement is clear and rational, and I have absolutely no issue with any club who may think the gesture has run its course.

Basham summed it very up. If the players are as keen as they all suggest they, let’s see actions that’ll actually help out the worthwhile cause.

Egg, if it’s all about what you said, and the club gave you clear answers to the point I made, what’s the problem?

LOL, it appears Junior thinks he's more important than he really is. Earlier in this thread he said "people know me outside of this forum" like he's something special. Newsflash, most people are known outside of this forum!

As for taking the knee, why are you so against it @Junior_1 ? You're welcome to an opinion, like everyone else.

Hi Bob. Hope you’ve had a good weekend so far. I’ve answered yours and someone else’s question.

As for knowing me outside this forum. That was down to people knowing that I’m not a racist. Simple as that. Hope that clears it up for you. [emoji106]

Am I your new kip!?!

Hi Bob. Hope you’ve had a good weekend so far. I’ve answered yours and someone else’s question.

As for knowing me outside this forum. That was down to people knowing that I’m not a racist. Simple as that. Hope that clears it up for you. [emoji106]

Am I your new kip!?!
You still haven't answered the question. Why don't you agree with footballers taking the knee?

You still haven't answered the question. Why don't you agree with footballers taking the knee?

As said, has it really made a long-standing difference? I don’t think it has. Initially it did the first time around and maybe the second.

It therefore got the attention it was set out to do.

If players at clubs feel that it does, that’s up to them as the statement by Oxford said.

If players / clubs want to make a real difference, make a donation to one of the charities or organisations doing great work at cutting racism out the game.

Do you still think I’m a racist?

As said, has it really made a long-standing difference? I don’t think it has. Initially it did as it got the attention it was set out to do.

If players at clubs feel that it does, that’s up to them as the statement by Oxford said.

Do you still think I’m a racist?
Finally, well as it happens I do agree with some of that. But I also believe in freedom of expression.

I do think you are racist regarding your comments about the raised fist symbol.

Freedom of expression is fine, no issues with that likewise freedom of speech across all forms of life.

You’re very, very wrong, find me one person who knows me, won’t be hard, if you don’t already know, who’ll echo your thoughts and I’ll be very very surprised.

Why haven’t I been pulled up by an admin about any alleged racist posts?

Basham summed it very up. If the players are as keen as they all suggest they, let’s see actions that’ll actually help out the worthwhile cause.

Egg, if it’s all about what you said, and the club gave you clear answers to the point I made, what’s the problem?

I have no problem, and no one else seems to either. You say it's about freedom of expression but want to know why players raise a fist?

You demanded a response from the club, so I contacted them and summarised their response. That is there are no team orders, all players are free to express themselves in any way they wish, and are free to talk about it if they choose. They are under no obligations to explain themselves, and I think most people accept this.

But rather than leave it there, you go on to name people at the club who apparently fed me information whilst also saying that I know nothing! You said that you would retract this if I told you otherwise, which I have done. The information "fed to me" was on an email exchange with the club. I won't share that as its not the right thing to do, but happy to share with any mods or indeed anyone who doesn't share themselves. The communication was legitimate and appropriate, but that isn't enough for you for some reason.

You come across as a very bitter person and I honestly can't be bothered to continue this pointless exchange. I'll put you back on ignore and leave it to others to decide on what has been said to date.

Back
Top Bottom