International News Black Lives Matter

Then you would know what a "Blue Card" is the colloquial term for then? Here is a clue its not a Blue Light shopping discount card. 😇

It means that you can park closer to the shops and the stadium and things like that.

My mate's got one because his back hurts a bit sometimes, they're pretty handy. 👍

This all getting rather silly

The officer in question is most likely absolutely distraught at the fact his actions have led to the death of someone, I don't agree with the Met then sticking the knife in by suspending them, suspension may not be a big deal to some, to other, especially in the police, it will be more so. All this so the Met can protect their public image (which is already in tatters). Their statement even confirmed this; “This decision has been reached following careful consideration of a number of factors, including the significant impact on public confidence" which coincidentally is the very last option for them to consider as an appropriate reason to suspend someone as per the police regs.

That doesn't make me racist, that doesn't make me a bigot, I'm out

100% this.

And the immense contribution to the situation by the deceased.

Decisions driven by mob rule are never going to be right.

Sorry Saint Scotchers - neither of us were there but, based on commonly available reports and statements, the individual was making multiple attempts to avoid arrest and not comply with clear instructions.

There appears to have been intent by the bucket load - not stopping, ramming a police car, ignoring multiple requests to exit the vehicle.

That ended badly for him but he created the situation, he escalated the situation and it had sweet feck all to do with the colour of his skin.

The officer should, and was, placed on restricted duty but it was the subsequent clamour of the family/protestors that forced the Met to suspend them.
No, you weren’t there but that hasn’t stopped you making all sorts of broad assumptions under the banner of 'well, that's what has been reported'. I'm in no way defending either side here but this is all about tone and yours is very distinct.

No, you weren’t there but that hasn’t stopped you making all sorts of broad assumptions under the banner of 'well, that's what has been reported'. I'm in no way defending either side here but this is all about tone and yours is very distinct.

All will out in the end, but I won`t wait for people to acknowledge the "broad assumptions" were right.

Meanwhile a skilled and selfless public servant is thrown under the proverbial bus to appease the community. And lets be honest they aren`t talking about everyone.

All will out in the end, but I won`t wait for people to acknowledge the "broad assumptions" were right.

Meanwhile a skilled and selfless public servant is thrown under the proverbial bus to appease the community. And lets be honest they aren`t talking about everyone.
You know for sure he was a skilled and selfless public servant? He may well be, but then (and I am not saying he is in anyway like this person, I have no idea) people could have said the same about officers Andy Smith, David Carrick, Hussain Chehab, and Wayne Couzens - assumptions are easy.

I don't think anybody (other than his delusional parents) believe that the victim is a decent, upstanding member of society. But regardless of his criminal background, even if the car is stolen and he has committed a crime, resisting arrest, it is not for the police to carry out extra-judicial killings.

The use of lethal force should only be used in extreme circumstances - i.e. if the police and/or the public are in immediate mortal danger.

'Immediate mortal danger' is the great unknown, and we will need to wait for the IPCC to find out just what exactly happened. The fact there was no firearm found however does not necessarily mean the police were in the wrong. I believe a few years ago a criminal was brandishing a chair-leg hidden underneath a coat, and he was quite rightly shot by the police. The victim in this incident may well have been going to his glove compartment rather than putting his hands up like the police asked, in which case the police may argue that he was reaching for gun. Even if there was no gun, the police wouldn't have known that. The police put their lives on the line, so it is only right that they should be able to defend themselves.

Of course there are some racist Police Officers who treat black people as scum and sub-human. Derek Chavin spring to mind.

Any way all of this is pure speculation, and we should wait until the IPCC have conducted their investigation.

Sadly America is far ahead of us in terms of absolutely ridiculous police shootings of members of the public. Race not a factor in this one - just absolutely atrocious policing.

Which is why we have more control on armed officers and it isn`t "routine" to carry a lethal weapon, equally there is stringent control on the public legally owning a firearm.

Up until March 2019 there were 20,186 firearms operations across England & Wales.

40% of those were across the Met & West Midlands force areas.

Weapons (including AEP - aka baton rounds) were discharged 13 times.

how quick certain people are to prejudge the issue when the police involved - even if someone has lost their life

Sorry old fruit, it is not "racist trope" its fact of the matter.
Do some research, learn that some cultures like to bring their habits with them rather than abiding by our laws and decency.

"Studies on those involved in grooming children do suggest that a disproportionate number of offenders are categorised as being of Asian ethnicity. The proportion of offenders or suspected offenders varies from study to study, but was anywhere from 27% to 75% in the studies we looked at. "

"Using broad groupings, all ethnicities were represented in the sample, however, a disproportionate number of offenders were reported as Asian. Of the 52 groups for which usable ethnicity data was provided, 26 (50%) comprised all Asian offenders, 11 (21%) all white offenders, 9 (17%) groups comprised offenders from multiple ethnicities, 4 (8%) comprised all black offenders and there were 2 (4%) groups of exclusively Arab offenders. Of the 306 offenders whose ethnicity was provided for type 1 offending, a total of 75% were categorised as Asian, 17% were categorised as white, and the remaining 8% were categorised as black (5%) or Arab (3%)."

"In August 2014 the Jay report concluded that an estimated 1,400 children, most of them white British girls, had been sexually abused in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013 by predominantly British-Pakistani men (Kurdish and Kosovar men were also involved) "

Rochdale- 47 victims of abuse by 19 British Pakistani men.

Sajid Javid in 2018, saying high-profile cases included a “high proportion of men of Pakistani heritage” and that “cultural reasons” could be at play.

Nope just "racist trope" or something that doesn`t suit the Far Left/Marxist/BLM agenda.

Lets hope those more liberal readers are listening to the Rochdale CSE report some 4 years after this post............... "systemic failures at the police & council and a fear of cultural issues"....... the perpetrators being primarily Pakistani men.

Lets hope those more liberal readers are listening to the Rochdale CSE report some 4 years after this post............... "systemic failures at the police & council and a fear of cultural issues"....... the perpetrators being primarily Pakistani men.

Sorry not sure what you’re getting at?

Treating people differently based on their race and culture by the police and council or that the perpetrators were Pakistani.

I think you’ll find most Liberals hope for a fair treatment not special treatment based on colour or culture.

And you’ll generally find racists try to suggest things in what they think are subtle ways….

Sorry not sure what you’re getting at?

Treating people differently based on their race and culture by the police and council or that the perpetrators were Pakistani.

I think you’ll find most Liberals hope for a fair treatment not special treatment based on colour or culture.

And you’ll generally find racists try to suggest things in what they think are subtle ways….
Isn't his point that in this case, there *was* special treatment due to the colour and culture of those offending (ie, their offending was ignored due to being of Middle Eastern background)? I think the point is also that most 'liberals' are awfully quiet whenever cases like this come up, yet will immediately jump on any suggestion that a white person has done something (often before it's even proven)?

I gave up with the whole discussion around this stuff a long time ago because no one ever changes their mind - to many some people will always be the bad guys regardless. That doesn't prevent me from noticing obvious hypocrisy, inconsistency of thought, and moving of goalposts from many 'liberals', though.

Perhaps the "liberals" would take more notice if you actually put a source for your quote?

I think the point is also that most 'liberals' are awfully quiet whenever cases like this come up, yet will immediately jump on any suggestion that a white person has done something (often before it's even proven)?
Do you have an example of this?

Do you have an example of this?
There's a huge hypocrisy and moving of goalposts when it comes to how crime statistics are analysed/interpreted by 'liberals'.

One example of this that is often discussed at the minute is how men are overrepresented in crime statistics, and many suggest that this indicates violence etc is a 'man issue' and shows there is a negative culture amongst men as a collective. However, when someone points out that some ethnic minorities are overrepresented in crime, the same logic doesn't apply - suddenly it's about individuals & individuals choices/circumstance rather than a collective and their culture. There's also a suggestion that pointing out such fact is 'racist', which anyone being fair and logical knows it isn't.

As I say, there seems to be a remarkable ability to spin any and every situation to suit agendas on every side of politics/social discourse and that's why I've given up with it, and it's also why I believe nothing will get better. Too many people have a party line and they will stick to it regardless of fact, truth, or equally as important, fairness. Spend a day on the social discourse side of Twitter/X and you'll see this in action.

To clarify (before I'm accused of anything), I'm not saying any one group is inherently bad or more naturally susceptible to crime. I think every community/culture has it's own issues, and it's important those issues are raised, discussed, and addressed in a constructive and fair way with consistency across the board.

Isn't his point that in this case, there *was* special treatment due to the colour and culture of those offending (ie, their offending was ignored due to being of Middle Eastern background)? I think the point is also that most 'liberals' are awfully quiet whenever cases like this come up, yet will immediately jump on any suggestion that a white person has done something (often before it's even proven)?

I gave up with the whole discussion around this stuff a long time ago because no one ever changes their mind - to many some people will always be the bad guys regardless. That doesn't prevent me from noticing obvious hypocrisy, inconsistency of thought, and moving of goalposts from many 'liberals', though.
I agree that’s what his point was. I think you missed mine.

If you read it again you’ll see that in my experience liberals generally don’t want special treatment for anyone.
In my experience most liberals like myself want equal treatment for all.
I think it’s cases like this that the anti liberal crew jump on because they are Pakistani men, which makes the vitriol more racist.

These people whatever colour race or culture should have been investigated properly by the police in full awareness of the culture and circumstances they were operating in to stop it happening as quickly as possible. It is entirely feasible to do that swiftly and respectfully to the community without it hindering the operation.

And yes they should be treated and punished in the same way a white British gang doing this would be.

Thank you.
That was my point, that both the police & council would not grasp the nettle due to cultural sensitivity and the fear of being labelled "racist".
All communities have issues but those in charge should deal with the problem/crime first and not let some diversity tick box stop them.

Thank you.
That was my point, that both the police & council would not grasp the nettle due to cultural sensitivity and the fear of being labelled "racist".
All communities have issues but those in charge should deal with the problem/crime first and not let some diversity tick box stop them.
You never did source the quote you put up...

You never did source the quote you put up...

See it as a short summary as opposed to a direct quote of what happened.

Feel free to read Report Number 3.

https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/media/9148/operation-span-report-january-2024-v3.pdf

Some highlights........

"I can only guess that GMP patrols were frightened of being tarnished with a race brush for doing it.”

"It is noted that Crisis Intervention Team considered that “there is a culture of fear or a misconception about the nature of the relationship between the girls and the men, which could make it impossible to break through”

Have some victim blaming as well....

"Operation Span began in December 2010 and concluded with the conviction of nine men in May 2012 for serious sexual offences against children. These offences had been initially investigated between August 2008 and August 2009,but the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) made the decision not to proceed with a prosecution on the basis that it viewed the main victim as “unreliable”.The case attracted significant media interest. Following the trial, GMP,Rochdale Borough Council and the CPS all made a public apology for the multiple failures that allowed the abuse of the children to continue for almost two years after it was first reported.

And lest we forget who led the CPS at that time...

See it as a short summary as opposed to a direct quote of what happened.

Feel free to read Report Number 3.

https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/media/9148/operation-span-report-january-2024-v3.pdf

Some highlights........

"I can only guess that GMP patrols were frightened of being tarnished with a race brush for doing it.”

"It is noted that Crisis Intervention Team considered that “there is a culture of fear or a misconception about the nature of the relationship between the girls and the men, which could make it impossible to break through”

Have some victim blaming as well....

"Operation Span began in December 2010 and concluded with the conviction of nine men in May 2012 for serious sexual offences against children. These offences had been initially investigated between August 2008 and August 2009,but the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) made the decision not to proceed with a prosecution on the basis that it viewed the main victim as “unreliable”.The case attracted significant media interest. Following the trial, GMP,Rochdale Borough Council and the CPS all made a public apology for the multiple failures that allowed the abuse of the children to continue for almost two years after it was first reported.

And lest we forget who led the CPS at that time...
What grim reading that makes from an initial scan through it. You are cherry-picking your highlights though, there is far more at play. What an utter failure by those who should be protecting the innocent.

Back
Top Bottom