Bingeability for the lockdown

Not really 'Insider' information - I just read Collider from time to time!
And I have a stupid memory for these things......can't remember people's names, definitely can't remember anyone's birthdays, can remember who scored for Oxford at Salisbury Christmas '09, and can remember pointless Star Wars trivia any time I hear it!
90851737_243664520006087_710520378262290432_n.jpg

With the subject of Star Wars etc in mind, another nerd moment. Years ago while working in Woodstock, several scenes for "Hannover Street" were being filmed in and around the town. Harrison Ford was one of the stars along with Christopher Plummer. The painters and other background type lot were regular drinkers in the Crown, where I worked. One of them asked me if I recalled the "stars" of the background to the opening scenes of Star Wars, and then proudly announced that he had painted them himself!

With the subject of Star Wars etc in mind, another nerd moment. Years ago while working in Woodstock, several scenes for "Hannover Street" were being filmed in and around the town. Harrison Ford was one of the stars along with Christopher Plummer. The painters and other background type lot were regular drinkers in the Crown, where I worked. One of them asked me if I recalled the "stars" of the background to the opening scenes of Star Wars, and then proudly announced that he had painted them himself!
wasn't there some star wars props etc 'connection' with Chipping Norton? ....late 70s/early-mid 80s?

David Prowse (Darth Vader/ Green cross Man/ Jolly green Giant) mum Trudy was good friends with my mum n dad, she lived on Netherwoods road (Risinghurst) .... I gave her a lift home from a gathering one evening, I knew the road, but not the house/ house number, so I asked her whereabouts on Netherwoods road? , opposite the second lamp-post she said ..
well, it seems she had to live on the darkside;)

one way to pass a bit of time during the lockdown? ( good initiative by OUFC imo)

I listened to the first club podcast this morning, was a good really 30 mins to listen to. Hope they keep doing it (y)

Just watched Sunderland till I die. Quite enjoyed it. Wonder who at the club gave the go-ahead for it. Can't imagine it had Ellis Short's approval unless he was delusional at the time.

Also, forgot to mention if you haven't watched them then the Danish/Swedish series "The Bridge" is very good.

• React
Reactions: m
Just watched Sunderland till I die. Quite enjoyed it. Wonder who at the club gave the go-ahead for it. Can't imagine it had Ellis Short's approval unless he was delusional at the time.
Season two airs in a few days. That should be even better, seeing as a certain former poster appears to be quite near the front of most of the episodes.

Homeland worth it? Meant to keep starting but not got round to it

The detectorists is so easy to watch, we binge watched it before the lockdown it was so easy.
Peaky blinders for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, great tv.
This country, clever comedy in there.

Homeland worth it? Meant to keep starting but not got round to it
Broadly speaking, yes. Has a few wobbles over the series and gets repetitive at times, but the good bits are worth it.

Season two airs in a few days. That should be even better, seeing as a certain former poster appears to be quite near the front of most of the episodes.

And the possibility of a bit of coverage of our visit there last season - or maybe that will be glossed over given the OUFC connection? Looking forward to it.

A couple of observations from the first series. Probably more to this than meets the eye but Martin Bain seemed to have an impossible job once Short pulled the funding plug. Also the guy who shouted abuse at Coleman outside the ground after relegation was a complete knob.

if anyone can point me at any proper full coverage of the third ‘19 ashes test at headingley I could watch it over and over again. I’ve been looking for it ever since the day after it happened, to no avail.
Well apparently sky sports cricket are showing the whole final day from midday, and bbc have announced they’re playing the radio commentary at the same time!
I don’t suppose anyone here has the capacity to record a whole day of sky sports do they?

Well apparently sky sports cricket are showing the whole final day from midday, and bbc have announced they’re playing the radio commentary at the same time!
I don’t suppose anyone here has the capacity to record a whole day of sky sports do they?

It is on Sky Sports Cricket Channel on Youtube as well apparently according to what somebody else has written on another forum.

Full World Cup final replay tomorrow as well on Sky Sports Cricket from 8am (but not on Youtube Channel.