Bingeability for the lockdown

as is the TV series Mediclorian .... according to my youngest lad, ...one Ive yet to watch that is
I watched it a few months back and thought it was shite, despite popular opinion, and I'm a Star Wars fan. You forgot 'Solo' from your film timeline, which would go just before Rogue One.

I’ll sometimes listen to 2 or 3 episodes of Desert Island Discs one after the other. Lots of previous episodes you can access on BBC site.

The recent Ian Wright one is worth listening to.
The Thom Yorke one was good.

I watched it a few months back and thought it was shite, despite popular opinion, and I'm a Star Wars fan. You forgot 'Solo' from your film timeline, which would go just before Rogue One.
its an add on ...an aside back story ( thought it was half decent though the box office didn't) , yep, I missed that one in the 'list' :rolleyes: ..... there's been rumours of another star wars spin off( provisionally titled the Joshua Tree- set on the island where Luke skywalker was 'self isolating', but hundreds of years before) which was basically going to be the Yoda story.... however, its not started yet beyond an idea, and the UK studios (where some of the last 4 star wars/ related were shot) were locked down as from Monday this week

Mixed reports/reviews re the Mediclorian ... my lad was a bit reluctant ( Disney-fied for US TV audiences) initially, he eventually gave it a try & while (he said) its nowhere near as good as the (better) star wars films, he did say its watchable ...and may 'point' towards what Disney may or may not be planning in the future for the franchise on the big screen

Game Of Thrones .... start to finish might be worth a binge watch , as the various series' were quite spaced between each other.... it is avail 'somewhere' as a box set isn't it?

its an add on ...an aside back story ( thought it was half decent though the box office didn't) , yep, I missed that one in the 'list' :rolleyes: ..... there's been rumours of another star wars spin off( provisionally titled the Joshua Tree- set on the island where Luke skywalker was 'self isolating', but hundreds of years before) which was basically going to be the Yoda story.... however, its not started yet beyond an idea, and the UK studios (where some of the last 4 star wars/ related were shot) were locked down as from Monday this week

Mixed reports/reviews re the Mediclorian ... my lad was a bit reluctant ( Disney-fied for US TV audiences) initially, he eventually gave it a try & while (he said) its nowhere near as good as the (better) star wars films, he did say its watchable ...and may 'point' towards what Disney may or may not be planning in the future for the franchise on the big screen

***STAR WARS NERD ALERT :geek:***

I may be falling into a Whoosh, but it's Mandalorian, not Mediclorian!
Mediclorian is the random technobabble that Liam Neeson spouted in the first of the prequels to explain the Force.
Mandalorian is a warrior class that look like Boba Fett, the cool guy with a jetpack from Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi.

And yes, I have seen it (it came out back in October over here). It's alright. Some good action scenes, a lot of nostalgia for the Star Wars fan, and Werner Herzog is in a few episodes, and no-one chews the scenery like that guy......
.....personally, I thought it was better than any of the prequels, better than any of the new trilogy, but not as good as the original trilogy or Rogue One. About on a par with Solo.

Oh and to finish up the geekery - they've already announced what the next two Star Wars spin-off series will be - the first is going to be a spy thriller with the dude and the robot from Rogue One. Supposed to start filming in the summer. The other is an Obi-Wan series, starring Ewan MacGregor, set in the years before the original movie. Filming on that got delayed because the scripts were apparently rubbish, and they had to go away and rewrite them. But it still seems to be happening.
Working title is Pilgrim - but was Joshua Tree, back when they thought it was going to be a movie. And (extra geeky fun fact!) that's because the location where many desert scenes in the original Star Wars were filmed (i.e. the ones that had Obi Wan in them) is the same place that's on the cover of the U2 album!

In my defense, I grew up as a Star Wars child (born 78) and must have watched each of the original trilogy a hundred times by the time I was 15!

***STAR WARS NERD ALERT :geek:***

I may be falling into a Whoosh, but it's Mandalorian, not Mediclorian!
Mediclorian is the random technobabble that Liam Neeson spouted in the first of the prequels to explain the Force.
Mandalorian is a warrior class that look like Boba Fett, the cool guy with a jetpack from Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi.

And yes, I have seen it (it came out back in October over here). It's alright. Some good action scenes, a lot of nostalgia for the Star Wars fan, and Werner Herzog is in a few episodes, and no-one chews the scenery like that guy......
.....personally, I thought it was better than any of the prequels, better than any of the new trilogy, but not as good as the original trilogy or Rogue One. About on a par with Solo.

Oh and to finish up the geekery - they've already announced what the next two Star Wars spin-off series will be - the first is going to be a spy thriller with the dude and the robot from Rogue One. Supposed to start filming in the summer. The other is an Obi-Wan series, starring Ewan MacGregor, set in the years before the original movie. Filming on that got delayed because the scripts were apparently rubbish, and they had to go away and rewrite them. But it still seems to be happening.
Working title is Pilgrim - but was Joshua Tree, back when they thought it was going to be a movie. And (extra geeky fun fact!) that's because the location where many desert scenes in the original Star Wars were filmed (i.e. the ones that had Obi Wan in them) is the same place that's on the cover of the U2 album!

In my defense, I grew up as a Star Wars child (born 78) and must have watched each of the original trilogy a hundred times by the time I was 15!
happy to be corrected @tonyw ..... got YF 'on' smartphone while working using the laptop & my (crap ) attempt at spelling Mandalorian (obviously) wasn't picked up by Grammarly spellcheck :oops:

and cheers for the 'insider'/ update info too:giggle:

happy to be corrected @tonyw ..... got YF 'on' smartphone while working using the laptop & my (crap ) attempt at spelling Mandalorian (obviously) wasn't picked up by Grammarly spellcheck :oops:

and cheers for the 'insider'/ update info too:giggle:

Not really 'Insider' information - I just read Collider from time to time!
And I have a stupid memory for these things......can't remember people's names, definitely can't remember anyone's birthdays, can remember who scored for Oxford at Salisbury Christmas '09, and can remember pointless Star Wars trivia any time I hear it!

I've never got the fuss with Boba Fett, he was in 1 battle scene, and defeated by a near-blind Han Solo (via a trip to the Saarlac). Jango wasn't much better, not only was he beheaded in his only onscreen fight, but he was also the template for the clones which became the imperial army, and everyone knows stormtroopers can't shoot...

Perhaps a Jengo Fett film to flesh out his alleged status as a top mercenary is needed.

Cool armour though.

TV: Blacklist if you haven't seen it.

And now is a great time to read 'The Stand', which I would rate as Stephen King's best book.

You could try the Dark Tower books by King. Truly epic, I’ve gone through them several times and read all books and stories that are connected to them.
Just don’t watch the film.

You could try the Dark Tower books by King. Truly epic, I’ve gone through them several times and read all books and stories that are connected to them.
Just don’t watch the film.
They have been on my list for years and never got round to them. Just done the Mr Mercedes trilogy, which I enjoyed, and read The Outsider last year so been watching the series on Sky which was surprisingly good.

Bullet proof on Sky is an easy watching series which is very easy to binge watch.

never got round to actually listening to the entire 97 track 4 CD box set of this.... was a present some years ago, Ive got about half of the tracks on original vinyl releases .... maybe its finally getting an airing in its entireity in OX3 over the coming days?:cool::cool::cool::cool:

R-2526534-1535804070-8382.jpeg.jpg

Definitely worth reading especially if you’ve read other King books. After 7 books you really get emotionally attached to the characters.

Foolishly I read the Outsider first. I’ve got Mr Mercedes ready to after my current read.

The English Game on Netflix - drama looking back at the class 'war' in the early FA cup - Old Etonians v Darwen etc.

Podcasts:
Quickly Kevin Will He Score - 90s football with focus on comedy.
The Offensive - mockumentary podcast following the fictional team Ashwood City FC
Oblivity - scifi comedy drama produced locally
Victoricity - comedy detective drama set in a slightly altered Victorian(ish) London
Do The Right Thing - comedy panel show

Speaking of podcasts, I occasionally listen to Tailenders. In their Isolation special, they asked Jimmy Anderson "given the rules on social distancing, would you prefer a 1st and 3rd slip, or a 2nd and 4th slip" ? ?