Andy James aka Womble.

Knew Andy (Womble) since the 70s I guess. Friendly, funny, passionate. A true legend as a lifetime fan. I feel sure the club will provide a fitting tribute. So pleased he got that ovation as he left the pitch after 12th man duties at the recent match. Richly deserved. RIP Womble.

Rest in peace Andy. What a wonderful record of attending Oxford United matches home and away.
Always had something interesting to say and had so much knowledge.
Phil Malcolm who has a similar record of attending games will be devastated

When one of your own in terms of friends, mates, supporters or generation goes it always tears a hole in your heart & soul.
I raised a glass of brown to Andy yesterday. Top man, honoured to have known him for the last 40+ years.
RIP.

Sorry to hear this,I cannot ever remember an away game and not seeing him there.

Was it cancer?

Thoughts are for his family and close friends at this time.

So sad, legend is an over used word,but not in Andy's case
RIP Womble

"Shut up womble" chanted to the "play up P**pey, P**pey play up" could work...

RIP Andy.

We’ve lost one of our greatest fans: a genuine OUFC legend, sad to think that we won’t see him again at matches.
Rest in peace Sir.

Club are suggesting a round of applause on 66 minutes for Womble as well as joining in with the applause on 16 minutes for the young Rotherham fan.

Club are suggesting a round of applause on 66 minutes for Womble as well as joining in with the applause on 16 minutes for the young Rotherham fan.
Wouldn't everyone chanting
Shut Up Womble
For a minute be more apt

A true fan through and thought RIP mate....... thanks for letting me into the old Manor supporters club, although I was a member in the end cheers.

Back
Top Bottom