International News After Covid.....

We're on the same page for once Mr Baldi.
OMG, I feel dirty ?

I've not been able to shake the thought that we are assuming a vaccination can be found and we can stay locked down forever if that happens. The longer we are locked down, the harder it becomes for all business to survive and operate.

I wish the press were asking that sort of question, over the pathetic guff they are asking now

i removed my child 1 week before Lockdown and maintain will not send back to school in the current climate...

i removed my child 1 week before Lockdown and maintain will not send back to school in the current climate...
If you get down to where we are in WA you will send them back. It needs the lockdown to actually work by not allowing any new cases in and fully damping local transmission. We’ve had one new case in about 10 days and that was someone who arrived on a plane without contacting others (because of our hard quarantine on all arrivals). Once there is vanishing evidence of transmission in the community it is possible to unlock, as long as no new virus can come in. At some point (maybe another month?) if there is no hotspot, we’ll be pretty confidant of opening up further.
We have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up before we can open the borders though, which is tough. (However, Perth is paradise, so not the worst place to be stuck).
Of course all of that can turn to s**t if the virus finds a way to re-emerge here, probably through illegal travel or someone mailing something stupid.

If you get down to where we are in WA you will send them back. It needs the lockdown to actually work by not allowing any new cases in and fully damping local transmission. We’ve had one new case in about 10 days and that was someone who arrived on a plane without contacting others (because of our hard quarantine on all arrivals). Once there is vanishing evidence of transmission in the community it is possible to unlock, as long as no new virus can come in. At some point (maybe another month?) if there is no hotspot, we’ll be pretty confidant of opening up further.
We have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up before we can open the borders though, which is tough. (However, Perth is paradise, so not the worst place to be stuck).
Of course all of that can turn to s**t if the virus finds a way to re-emerge here, probably through illegal travel or someone mailing something stupid.

Fancy that an island closing its borders....................... properly. I guess there is a lower reliance on imports over there?

Fancy that an island closing its borders....................... properly. I guess there is a lower reliance on imports over there?
Apart from food, we’re heavily reliant on imports (the is Western Australia isolating from the rest of Australia). Imports don’t require people.

Back
Top Bottom