Votes: 2 9.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Not bad not good ... red card was right ...5 from me

I thought he was better than OK. The 'penalty' for us was very marginal, their pen and the red was correct. I thought he did let play flow and didn't get too hung up on the small stuff.

Missed a clear foul on Brannigan towards the end, and a foul on Winnall soon after. Got the red card correct, our penalty shout should have been given in my opinion but I can see why it wasn’t. Maybe should have booked their player when he ran away about 30 metres with the ball when it was our throw in. Overall average performance from him

Solid 7 from me. No choice with the red, our stupidity and we paid the price.

6 for me. 50/50 on the pen on Sykes. You want it if it’s for you but would be angry if it was against.

Missed a couple of obvious fouls for both sides.

Got the red and pen right. Did let the game flow well and didn’t continually stop it like most do.

No penalty on Sykes, we would be howling if that was given against us.
Obviously all OK with red and penalty for them.
Missed a couple of fouls, notably on Brannagan where they broke at speed. Could have maybe booked their winger for stupidity more than anything. Other than that got the decisions right.
Was noted yesterday that he is an ex-player, I wonder if that gives him an insight into the mindset that goes behind a tackle or an incident.

Anyway. He was fine. 7/10.

No penalty on Sykes, we would be howling if that was given against us.
I wouldn’t be ‘howling’ at all if that was given against us, I’ve seen us be on the end of far worse decisions this season! At the very least you have to file that one under ‘seen them given’ - if you pressure a player who is breaking into the box from behind, and they go down, you give the referee a decision to make. Not saying it was a nailed on penalty but it also wouldn’t have been an outrage by any means if it was given.

6 from me. Got the biggest decision of the game spot on with the red. Should've booked Guiness-Walker after his shenanigans with that early throw in, he was then booked later in the game so could have evened things up (not that I think it would've made a difference). The pen is a tough one, there was a definite arm on the back of Sykes, so technically it was a pen, but Sykesy was really looking for it because he didn't have the confidence to take the shot on on his left foot. Other than that he missed a few fouls on our players that didn't affect the game too much, so not bad from the ref, not perfect, but better than a lot this season.

I wouldn’t be ‘howling’ at all if that was given against us, I’ve seen us be on the end of far worse decisions this season! At the very least you have to file that one under ‘seen them given’ - if you pressure a player who is breaking into the box from behind, and they go down, you give the referee a decision to make. Not saying it was a nailed on penalty but it also wouldn’t have been an outrage by any means if it was given.
I've seen them given, but would be very, very disappointed if it was. Sykes was seriously looking for it. Ref got it spot on IMO.

If only we could have swapped the ref for the northampton away match with this one. Northampton would have had a player sent off and us given a pen. And is this one no red card for Henry and no pen. Think we have been swindled a little bit this season by refs.

The problem with out Penalty shout was that Mark Sykes was on his way down prior to any alleged contact as is the way with modern footballers

Perfectly happy to never see those given

As for the Ref i thought he was good, so much so you hardly noticed he was there.

Back
Top Bottom