Home Match Day Thread 8/12/2020 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v Forest Green Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I agree with you. They should be called in to justify themselves in person to the club’s black players.

I'm not 100% on the ethnic backgrounds of our players (nor is it important), but did I count right that we had seven black/POC players on the pitch at the same time yesterday (and with GOD to come on as well for Agyei). Must be some sort of record.

I'm not 100% on the ethnic backgrounds of our players (nor is it important), but did I count right that we had seven black/POC players on the pitch at the same time yesterday (and with GOD to come on as well for Agyei). Must be some sort of record.
Ok I hadn’t spotted that. My suggestion was quite serious, better to encourage a bit of mutual understanding than just condemn and boo each other. That Mcguane is a seriously impressive geezer, I wouldn’t want to be booing too near him

Surprises me a little - especially when I think of some of the goons we saw playing CB in our Conference days. But shame if that's the case......
I think there might have been a few factors at play in this.
Conference clubs were not sure when or even whether they were to be starting their season or their budgets, so may not have been as willing to risk a youngster at CB.
Also there might have been some concerns over how he would handle being away from home, especially in the current circumstances, so would need a club we could trust to look after him off the field as well as on it, and maybe that club was not looking for a CB.
He appears to have the ability, but I wonder whether the club decided it was better to keep him in-house rather than send him to the wrong club

thats easy enough as people booing are doing it as they are against the far left political BLM group.
Well, everything in life is political but BLM seems to be more about basic respect and equality. Don’t really want to get into it in here. I’ll let you explain it to Marcus face to face

Well, everything in life is political but BLM seems to be more about basic respect and equality. Don’t really want to get into it in here. I’ll let you explain it to Marcus face to face
so which BLM is that BLM or black lives matter?

thats easy enough as people booing are doing it as they are against the far left political BLM group.
...which has nothing whatsoever to do with Kick It out or the official FA / EFL campaign against racism.
And in any case, BLM is not a "far left political group" it's a loose cover-all term for a whole number of groups and individuals, and on my experience of it the crowds it attracts are mainly drawn from church and chapels attended by black families. Don't be fooled by media propaganda!

...which has nothing whatsoever to do with Kick It out or the official FA / EFL campaign against racism.
And in any case, BLM is not a "far left political group" it's a loose cover-all term for a whole number of groups and individuals, and on my experience of it the crowds it attracts are mainly drawn from church and chapels attended by black families. Don't be fooled by media propaganda!
youll be the one being fooled if you think theres no far left backing of BLM.

not the far left group no.
I guess that the far left group of Oxford United players was started by Colin Harrington. He rarely strayed into the middle, let alone the right. Nowadays it's left to Ruffels and Obita to form the hard core nucleus of our far left cell.

Sections of BLM uk are most definitely far left.

Just like sections of Britain first, DFLA etc are far right.

You only have to look at some of the quotes from BLM to see that .

BLM, the UK organisation, most certainly does contain far-left elements and has, in my opinion, done little to further the true sentiment of the BLM movement in this country.

I think you’re wrong, @Junior_1, in your assertion that Britain First contains sections of far-right support. It is a far-right organisation plain and simple and 100% of its members are far-right activists or sympathisers. Their Christian facade is nauseating.

Extremists of either flavour only serve to bring further division to this country.

I guess that the far left group of Oxford United players was started by Colin Harrington. He rarely strayed into the middle, let alone the right. Nowadays it's left to Ruffels and Obita to form the hard core nucleus of our far left cell.
Joking aside this is what we should be talking about ..keep politics out of sport please,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom