Home Match Day Thread 8/12/2020 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v Forest Green Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched match on ifollow, pal that went told me that Eastwood went straight down the tunnel at the end as he had been getting abuse during the game. Any of you in the East Stand last night hear anything ?. If so its disgraceful

Watched match on ifollow, pal that went told me that Eastwood went straight down the tunnel at the end as he had been getting abuse during the game. Any of you in the East Stand last night hear anything ?. If so its disgraceful
I was right behind the goal in the east stand and if anything it was opposite, he was getting a lot of support from what I could hear! He was having a big argument with the opposition keeper during the shoot out though so maybe to do with that.

Obita is a class act. Leads by example and very vocal. No blame on him for their goal, he was 1 v 2 on their attackers covering the space our central defenders should have been.
Mous is a plodder these days but so influential (and vocal) off the ball. When he plays within his limits and keeps it simple still an important option for us I think.
Agree with everyone who picked up on our overall silence and lack of communication. Numerous frustrating examples of us doubling up when we didn't need to and backing away when we should have gone in all because they're not talking to each other. Pretty sure a lot of our niggly fouls could be avoided with a shout too. This needs work and drilling into everyone at the club, if you're not communicating you're letting down your teammates.
Sykes drives me nuts. His decision making is woeful. Makes some good runs and has the occasional nice touch but invariably ends up making the wrong choice and more often than not in areas where we end up on the back foot.
Forest Green looked decent. No real cutting edge but play with tempo and a physical edge. Might have a few quid on them to go up.
Overall we looked nervy. Frightened to make a mistake and over cautious. Taking four or five touches every time and slowing the tempo down or consistently opting for the safe option. I know it was basically a reserve team but does seem to be a pattern across the first team too. We need to find some confidence and courage. We did FGRs jobs for them too often last night by reigning ourselves in.

Good to be back though. A bonus. Really didn't think I'd see any live football this year.

So why say that the German is mijn handi when the German for my is mein or meine depending upon the gender of the noun.
You are right on this point, mea culpa. Mijn is the Dutch word for my which I used instead of the German mein. But the pronunciation is exactly the same.

You are right on this point, mea culpa. Mijn is the Dutch word for my which I used instead of the German mein. But the pronunciation is exactly the same.

Nah. Mijn is more like mane.

kr said in an interview, when he was setting up other loan moves, that he couldn't get a conference side to take him on loan. I think he mentioned Conference South and North as well.

Surprises me a little - especially when I think of some of the goons we saw playing CB in our Conference days. But shame if that's the case......

kr said in an interview, when he was setting up other loan moves, that he couldn't get a conference side to take him on loan. I think he mentioned Conference South and North as well.
I don’t have any evidence for this, and maybe I’m speaking out of turn, but to be honest I take everything KR says in interviews with a pinch of salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom