Home Match Day Thread 8/12/2020 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v Forest Green Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why threads close. There is a BLM thread for this sort of discussion. Please us it

Here we go again!

So, the thread has gone off on a tangent. So what? Nobody has died, nobody has got hurt. I'm sure it will either get back on track regarding the Forest Green match or fade away when people are bored of talking about it. In either event that's got to be better than forcibly closing the thread. Back in the days of This Is United it was the sheer randomness of threads meandering off into all sorts of tangents, going on for weeks on end, that made it so wonderful.

I'm sorry Malc, you might be a really nice guy and loads of fun, I don't know you, but sometimes on here you come across as a real killjoy.

Here we go again!

So, the thread has gone off on a tangent. So what? Nobody has died, nobody has got hurt. I'm sure it will either get back on track regarding the Forest Green match or fade away when people are bored of talking about it. In either event that's got to be better than forcibly closing the thread. Back in the days of This Is United it was the sheer randomness of threads meandering off into all sorts of tangents, going on for weeks on end, that made it so wonderful.

I'm sorry Malc, you might be a really nice guy and loads of fun, I don't know you, but sometimes on here you come across as a real killjoy.

I'm trying to make sure that people can find a thread by looking at the title. When a thread goes off at a tangent I step in.
Sorry but I will try to continue that policy as it's not an unreasonable thing to ask. Otherwise the forum will end up like Luton Outlaws.
One thread, one subject of discussion. If you find that difficult to understand you know where the door is.

If anyone is interested , draw for the next round of the pj pizza trophy is live on Talksport2 at 11.15am today

And we've drawn Cambridge United at home. Another League 2 side, albeit another one at the right end of the table.

It's another good chance to progress with £40k to the winners. That's great unbudgeted money.

I'm trying to make sure that people can find a thread by looking at the title. When a thread goes off at a tangent I step in.
Sorry but I will try to continue that policy as it's not an unreasonable thing to ask. Otherwise the forum will end up like Luton Outlaws.
One thread, one subject of discussion. If you find that difficult to understand you know where the door is.

I tried to make my point as politely as possible, so being told that if I don't like it "I know where the door is" is not exactly selling the forum to me. I was hoping for a constructive conversation.

Perhaps I was right in my character assessment of you after all? No wonder less and less of the interesting people can be bothered posting here when that's the response they get.

Sections of BLM uk are most definitely far left.

Just like sections of Britain first, DFLA etc are far right.

You only have to look at some of the quotes from BLM to see that .
You're right - some sections of BLM are definitely far left, just as some sections of the Conservative Party/UKIP are far right. But kneeling before a game isn't a far left thing, and plenty of people who agree with the overall idea that Black Lives Matter aren't far left at all.

Edit: Sorry this reply wasn't on the thread topic but I dont know how to quote a post in a different thread!

Edit: Sorry this reply wasn't on the thread topic but I dont know how to quote a post in a different thread!
Highlight what you want to quote, and hit the '+Quote' button. Go to the thread you wish to put the reply, click 'Insert Quotes' button, and select the quote from your saved quotes list.

I tried to make my point as politely as possible, so being told that if I don't like it "I know where the door is" is not exactly selling the forum to me. I was hoping for a constructive conversation.

Perhaps I was right in my character assessment of you after all? No wonder less and less of the interesting people can be bothered posting here when that's the response they get.
Hi Colin, as it is a year since the Southend away game, I hope you remembered to switch your BMW lights back to automatic following its MOT this year. Maybe we could make this a separate thread? :)

Hi Colin, as it is a year since the Southend away game, I hope you remembered to switch your BMW lights back to automatic following its MOT this year. Maybe we could make this a separate thread? :)
Ha ha, yes Mike, I remember that. I couldn't work out why people were flashing their lights at me!!!

But, problem solved as I don't have the BMW anymore. I traded it in for a Jaguar F Pace, so have nearly three years until I have to be concerned with MOTs again.

Ha ha, yes Mike, I remember that. I couldn't work out why people were flashing their lights at me!!!

But, problem solved as I don't have the BMW anymore. I traded it in for a Jaguar F Pace, so have nearly three years until I have to be concerned with MOTs again.
How the other half live!! Hope this comment hasn’t messed up this thread😉

How the other half live!! Hope this comment hasn’t messed up this thread😉
it is totally messing up the flow of this post , what as CB lights at a away game in Southend got to do with this game ?😏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom