Home Match Build Up 5-12-2020 L1 OUFC v Hull City

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could those in attendance please try and make the crowd noise sound a little more 'realistic' than it has done in recent weeks?

Thx.

3-0 Yellows , under heavy pressure but ride our luck ,snatch a goal with first shot after 26mins ...hang on and on before two late strikes seal a memorable victory ✌

Surprise! Surprise! Another match! This time against the league leaders who are on top form. They played Tuesday at home to Doncaster and only had 53% of the possession but managed to get at least 24 shots on goal! The doncaster keeper must hav been in top form to only let in 2.

If we only let 2 in I'll be happy. If we score I'll be even happier.

The Beeb said that they had 26 shots.....but only 7 of them were on target.
So that's a pretty dominant performance.....but by way of comparison, the same source says that we had 30 shots (inc. 8 on target) against Gillingham!

Hull look like they're probably the best side in the division at the moment, but they're not that special.

I reckon we've got the potential for another good performance in us.....reckon there'll end up being no more than a goal in this one.

My 60th birthday on Sunday so 48 years from my first match hoping the give me a victory - anything would but would be nice if it was comfortable so I don’t go through 2 hours of stress before the celebrations begin - pub crawl round Bodmin (just trying to make you all envious that I’m in a tier 1 area) COYY

Think we’ll find out a lot more about Stevens tomorrow ,will be tested much more I would have thought and may need a few more games to to show if he’s got all the attributes to make him our number one, hope we get at least a draw but definitely don’t want a heavy defeat , going for 2-2 draw.

Unfortunately, Christmas madness means I have to work tomorrow, but I'll be watching on ifollow, if it works!

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Obita
Gorrin
Forde Mcguane
Henry
Agyei Taylor

Performances have looked stale for a while now, and I wonder weather a change of system might reignite the team, surely it's worth a try?!?

We don't really have enough genuine wide players to provide us with the right balance and width, and I think it's time to try two up top, as we're not scoring enough goals.

I think a diamond might be the way to go, as it allows two up top, with Agyei using his size, speed and strength to unsettle the defence, creating more space for Taylor, who clearly needs help against 2 centre backs, with Henry at the tip of the diamond, playing in the pockets, creating and linking up with those around him (a role I'd also like to see Sykes tried in, if he and Robbo can kiss and make up)

I just feel a big change of dynamic is needed to freshen things up, and what better time to start than against the top team in the league, in front of fans for the first time in months?!?

Stay safe everyone, and make some noise!

COYY

I wonder if any fans will leave early? I really hope not. Because some of us are marooned in tier 3!

My 60th birthday on Sunday so 48 years from my first match hoping the give me a victory - anything would but would be nice if it was comfortable so I don’t go through 2 hours of stress before the celebrations begin - pub crawl round Bodmin (just trying to make you all envious that I’m in a tier 1 area) COYY
It worked - have one for all of us...

Yes. I'm hoping to hear "sort it out, Robinson" at least once.
Facing a bit of a quandary here, normally I'm restrained by Mrs Lounger with the kiddie reins so as not to disturb anyone in the SSU. Tomorrow we are in the East stand!
Happy to oblige with some more, errm, raucous outbursts but how does that fit in with East stand etiquette?
Also, a little perplexed with this wearing of face masks, I was hoping to find a supplier of different facial expressions, all to no avail. Would have been so much better.

Is the east stand ready for the loungers? After the bear pit that is the SSU, the east stand is going to find out how raucous the SSU is 🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom