Home Match Day Thread +++ 30/03/2019 OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers Match Day Thread +++

Don’t know why I said that think someone said there 25 was Mackial Smith and we were after him at one time which I believe Chippy was but I stand corrected it was Samuel

He’s about 50 now isn’t he? ?

Silly fouls? A lot were the dark arts By Wyscumb as that seemed to be the way they were hoping to score

Ainsworth has employed the dark arts of football since becoming a manager - it’s in his DNA.
Aggression, high pressing, win first contact , long diagonals , play for free kicks , slow the game down
with obvious time wasting mixed in. It’s currently not working with his ageing squad in terms of results.

They’ll stay up though but their next couple of games are tough - Portsmouth and Charlton.

What have I been saying Wycombe will define us I hope we get one back not looking good Robinson Out
Have we been defined yet or will our day of reckoning come against Walsall or Wimbledon or Charlton or Shrewsbury...

Last edited:
What. A .Finish.

Again.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but fair play to the Wycombe fans. Made a decent noise (although I could've lived without the drum). And seemed almost as frustrated as Us by the time-wasting.

Nearly didn't go today. So pleased common sense prevailed!
Drums are so tinpot, but then that sums up the Plucky Non League team from High Wycombe. (y)(y)

Silly fouls? A lot were the dark arts By Wyscumb as that seemed to be the way they were hoping to score

True. Blow on some of their players and they go down like they’ve been shot. And correct again they were just looking to lump the ball into the box err to a lump in the box.
Strange comments by KR saying they were honest? I thought they were the opposite.

Ainsworth has employed the dark arts of football since becoming a manager - it’s in his DNA.
Aggression, high pressing, win first contact , long diagonals , play for free kicks , slow the game down
with obvious time wasting mixed in. It’s currently not working with his ageing squad in terms of results.

They’ll stay up though but their next couple of games are tough - Portsmouth and Charlton.

Why do you think they will stay up? They are bottom of the form table in the last 10 games with 3 draws & 7 defeats!
They always say one team will drop like a stone at the end of the season and this year there are 2 or 3!

Somebody on the Wycombe forum was impressed with the Ref and how he reffed Akinfenwa. I'm sure he was after the Ref allowed Akinfenwa to shove his way around the pitch. The Ref gave 3 fouls against Akinfenwa in the opening 10 mins and then only 2 in the remaining 80 but Akinfenwa did nothing different all game.

Last edited:
Interesting comments on their forum. Are they suggesting that identity politics influenced the ref? Surely not? That could be positive discrimination. Mind you, given the refs apparent naivety over blatant Handballs and continual diving nothing would surprise me.

Attachments

• IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 84
more like an american footballer

Attachments

• 039A0670-B721-491D-A708-6FE7EBBE0A96.png
    039A0670-B721-491D-A708-6FE7EBBE0A96.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 33
It did look a definite handball on the line.
Not sure why the ref didn't see that.

Indeed it did! After this frame The player rotates his right shoulder forward and his forearm clearly pushes the ball into the keepers arms. I suspect the ref didnt see it as he was positioned behind a bunch of players. However....The Lino had a clear view I think

Indeed it did! After this frame The player rotates his right shoulder forward and his forearm clearly pushes the ball into the keepers arms. I suspect the ref didnt see it as he was positioned behind a bunch of players. However....The Lino had a clear view I think
I think it all happened so quickly the officials didn't see it or couldn't be clear. While a couple of our players raised their hands they didn't react like a team who were convinced that it was handball.

Sorry if this has already been addressed upthread, but what the hell was their keeper doing in the first half when he just chucked it straight out of play for us to gain a throw-in?

Couldn’t work it up but I assume there’s a logical solution (other than him being absolute toilet).

Sorry if this has already been addressed upthread, but what the hell was their keeper doing in the first half when he just chucked it straight out of play for us to gain a throw-in?

Couldn’t work it up but I assume there’s a logical solution (other than him being absolute toilet).

I think he thought one of his players was down injured, but as he threw the ball out the guy got up, comical to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom