Away Match Day Thread +++ 3/2/2018 Charlton Athletic v OUFC +++

This stuff really pisses me off. I’m going to move my ST next season - just to get away from the twats behind me.
Isn't there a phone number in the programme you can call to sort this type of problem? We don't need drunk egits like these in the ground.

Interesting that a number of Charlton fans have commented that they think James Henry made the difference when he came on. Obviously with the goal but the comments are about his general play from what I've read.

I'm glad as clearly there is a good player there but previously he has shown it on occasion but also been utterly anonymous on other occasions. Hopefully Faz (or a new man) can find a way to use him in the team.

I thought Ricardinho made the difference.

Both Ricardinho and Henry made a difference, but they were able to shine in a team that had pace and running in it, in our previous slow and flat footed team they struggled.

For me the two new full backs made a big difference, much more athletic and quicker, allowed us to play a bit more direct as they were outlets to bring the ball out.

All in all a big improvement in the dull stuff Clotet served up, we had been found out under him and sides had figured out how to play against us, we wouldn’t of picked up many more points this season.

Should be another open game against Bristol Rovers, at least if we are going to finish mid table it will be watchable rather than drab.

Good to hear the new full backs did well, I think the uncertainty of the previous ones spread nervousness through the whole team and in particular made it difficult to move the ball forward from defence

Henry came on and played at the top of the midfield 3 no? As supposed to out wide?

Ricardinho in midfield 3/ on the wing is the one I tell ya.

Good to hear the new full backs did well, I think the uncertainty of the previous ones spread nervousness through the whole team and in particular made it difficult to move the ball forward from defence
It's a confidence game - not just your own but in those around you. It will improve as Pep's crocks ride off into the sunset

My day
A few beers in London
Watched an entertaining game. Some impressive performances from the young guns.
We won
Had a few more beers
Saw Sir Ian McKellen on the tube
One of our party forgets to get off on the tube
Meet up with said forgetful person
More beers
Got called a Northern C××t by some Millwall fans at Paddington
Had a bite to eat
Train back to Oxford
Hugh Grant lookalike on train or was it really him ?
Got to Slough we realised one of the party had missed the train
Got back to Oxford and went to the pub.

Seemed like the team were playing with a weight off their shoulders. Gone was any negativity about getting things wrong or misplaced passes or shooting when not in the penalty area. Instead with the shackles off, we were firing shots in instead of trying to pass the ball into the net. Perhaps their was some poor defending by Charlton but who cares, it felt like a real boost for the start of the last third of the season.

Love this photo
688aaafc7ecf8ed254afdeef4af476ec.jpg

What a tremendous day out. Some quick observations.

Fans sound great when we're all together. Particularly yellow submarine. Made the hairs stand up.

James Henry should be competing with Rothwell in the hole. He doesn't have the pace to play on the wing but he's a great baller and offers something different.

Rothwell my man of the match. But BR and Leggo were tremendous.

I thought Faz got everything right. Not often you can say that about a manager.

That was my 8 year old daughters 5th game of the season. We have won every one: Pompey, Scunthorpe in the last minute, MK Dons in the last minute, Peterborough and now the madness of the valley. She genuinely thinks we are unbeatable.

What a tremendous day out. Some quick observations.

Fans sound great when we're all together. Particularly yellow submarine. Made the hairs stand up.

James Henry should be competing with Rothwell in the hole. He doesn't have the pace to play on the wing but he's a great baller and offers something different.

Rothwell my man of the match. But BR and Leggo were tremendous.

I thought Faz got everything right. Not often you can say that about a manager.

That was my 8 year old daughters 5th game of the season. We have won every one: Pompey, Scunthorpe in the last minute, MK Dons in the last minute, Peterborough and now the madness of the valley. She genuinely thinks we are unbeatable.

If you don’t buy her a season ticket next season, there will be blood.

Bit like my first season in 95/96 when I watched 15 games or so and never saw us lose. Was in tears when we lost to Norwich early in the 96/97 season - couldn’t believe we actually lost games of football!

No I was not [emoji44]. It’s from charltons official photographer
Charlton have advertised for an official photographer as they have had to dismiss the previous incumbent for possessing indecent images....:D

Back
Top Bottom