Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a good shot stopper but no more than that, that’s why he never got a move any higher. No club ever offered him a big money move else he would of gone, same as every other player who ever left us. Now he is not even much of a shot stopper, the rest of his game is all over the place.

No room for sympathy in football, he needs to be replaced.
When he as at the top of his form he was much more than that really coordinating the back 1/3rd of the pitch. A real lesson as to how there's more to goalkeeping than simply stopping shots. I don't think he ever quite recovered psychologically after breaking his finger.

I'm not arguing that he should be kept on, he obviously hasn't been up to it this season, but for fans to be calling him a cnut is totally and shamefully out of order.

Eastwood should of been out of the side weeks ago, looked well off his game for a while now and has made numerous mistakes. He could of cost us against Wigan, came out flapping at 0-0, but got away with it. Robinson has to take full responsibility for the position we are in, he picks the team and pretty much everyone could see he needed a break out of the team with his confidence so low. Some of the changes he’s made regarding the subs have been shocking as well. Too many players have performed under par and so inconsistent as well has not he

I'm no fan of Teflon, but the reason he doesn't play stevens is simply because he doesn't think he is good enough.

Karl Robinson becomes the first Oxford manager to lose to the scum since David Kemp on 10th March 2001. Kemp was sacked just before the end of that season which saw us lose 33 of our 46 games and conceded 100 goals to finish rock bottom. Don't worry, we're not on to target to sink lower than that at present.

Robinson’s interview should get more stick than it’s getting from the local media. It’s all the players, is it Karl? They lost it on their own yeah? You say we didn’t keep the ball and were panicking - where was Forde then? Why isn’t he in the middle of the pitch giving us energy and calmness, either when Kelly is blowing or when McGuane needs removing? Two opportunities to get him on and you failed. If Mousinho isn’t a total crock why didn’t you have him on next to Gorrin after 80/85 minutes shoring things up and helping people stay cool? If you’re going to remove both wingers then why isn’t Robbie Hall, who has good experience in these games, any sort of option for even 15 minutes instead of a temperamental loanee and a striker you absolutely insist on battering the confidence out of week after week? Why have you put Agyei on the wing AGAIN when he CANNOT play there, which not only nullifies him offensively as he is forced to work in tighter areas, but also means we suffer defensively because he does not know how to track back effectively? The guy chased and scrapped with centre backs all night at Portsmouth, so when you’re saying we stopped pressing their centre halves why the hell wasn’t he given that task for ten minutes instead of Taylor?

Sorry, Karl, but you absolutely fluffed your lines today, and the fact that you have come out and nailed players to the mast is the mark of you. You do this every time the going gets tough, just like in the first full season when you started saying player X, Y and Z weren’t your players, and any other nonsense you come out with on the spot to deflect. A lot of people might be too blinkered and/or stupid to remember what you do and say and apply it down the line when you contradict yourself, but I’m not. You bottled Wembley and you bottled the derby. Take some responsibility for that.

Well said. This loss is going to take a long time to forget. Not just because it was against the scum but the manner we lost it. We should of been out of sight at half time, second half we were dealing with them up until the 70th minute. What changed the game was them dreadful subs and lack of tactical awareness from Robbo.

Robinson is lucky that there were no fans at the ground today as I'm sure most would of booed him and the team off after the final whistle.

When he as at the top of his form he was much more than that really coordinating the back 1/3rd of the pitch. A real lesson as to how there's more to goalkeeping than simply stopping shots. I don't think he ever quite recovered psychologically after breaking his finger.

I'm not arguing that he should be kept on, he obviously hasn't been up to it this season, but for fans to be calling him a cnut is totally and shamefully out of order.
It's born out of frustration. Robinson should of address the keeper position in the summer. But he wanted a team of wingers.. And that's what you get.. In and out performance.
He has to open his eyes or we are relegation foda.

• React
Reactions: Ian
a lot of Good Managers on here tonight !

There's a lot of angry people on here, that's for sure.

Eight-in-a-row was basically sitting there gift-wrapped waiting for us to pick it up. That's the worst Scum side we've seen in the twenty years since Kemp. They have a competent manager, but their players were generally dreadful.

And we just blew it. 100% shot ourselves in the foot.

We have problems at both ends of the pitch. We keep missing fairly simple chances and always give at least one goal away. That is a recipe for a long hard winter. I echo the comments that the subs used today were all awful. All three weaknened the team, none could keep the ball, none could pass the ball. That just encouraged a poor side to come forward and gain confidence.
That said both goals were out of the defensive horrors video. Eastwood constantly looks uncertain, doesn't appear to shout or be decisive. That in front of a defence that is weak against crosses inevitably leads to conceding goals many of which are soft.
The depressing thing was you felt it was coming, the manner of it was gut wrenchingly sickening.
We have real problems with Sykes Shadipo and Agyei because all 3 are very very inconsistent at present. You just have no idea what is coming on the pitch on any given day. To bring all 3 on together always has to be a huge gamble.
I think you have got some good points here.

Today’s game is just embarrassing. A game we should have won. It highlights the issues up front and defence. I don’t know what’s going on with Eastwood?. He has been a great keeper for us and made some unbelievable saves. West Ham last season for example.Stevens should be given a chance. KR is responsible for our poor season which rumbled from the playoff matches. His only hope if he is not sacked is the January transfer window to salvage this season. We are nose diving to L2. The summer recruitment has been poor. I just wonder if there are issues behind the scenes which is the root cause for our poor start to the season. Losing to a poor Swindon side today is inexcusable no ifs or buts. KR you are to blame 🤬

Even bigger worry now is if Taylor gets suspended, the Preston guy got a 3match ban for the same thing. KR will have to play Agyei up front as he did at Pompey with Winnall out for a month

All the subs hindered the performance, some of that is down to the players some has to be down to the manager.

it’s going to be a very long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom