Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/01/2018 Chelsea U21s v OUFC match thread (EFLT) +++

Just got back. To think I agonised over breaking the boycott to go to that. Aaargh.
Van Kessell was truly awful, not even Conference standard. Obika looked like he wasn't interested and when Mehmeti came on he just stood around like he was lost. James Roberts was sat near us and how he kept a straight face I will never know. He should walk in to that forward line.
Elsewhere: Ledson and Ruffels tried hard particularly at the start of the second half, but they had no outlets and had no options but to run and shoot. Mousinho looked fed up, old, slow and not a left back. Raglan did his best was but was left exposed too often. Martin was a powder-puff defensively but actually made a half-dozen effective wing-back runs in the second half. But they all foundered when they got to Tiendalli. I thought that him and Ricardinho had their worse games ever for us. They were just skinned every time by the Chelsea youngsters.
The new manager will need to clear out all of Peppa Clot's european signings and then hopefully we will be back on the up.

I've booked a B&B in Rotherham on the basis that things can't get worse!

Good post Mr Ghost. I also went so I share your pain. The one positive for me was to see Raglan come through a game.

We were poor last night but wow Chelsea have some fantastic youngsters coming through.
I believe that they had (only) 5 foreign players in their line up so at least some English players,
I saw the Brighton U21 game and Chelsea were in a totally different class.
Pace, skill, but what really surprised me was their strength. Most of their players were 6 foot plus and very powerful for their ages,
All a little depressing. Chelsea who have what 50 players out on loan. Of those players I saw last night, some will undoubtedly make it. Probably very few will ever put on a Chelsea shirt.
Oh and if Chelsea win the Checkatrade I wouldn't be remotely surprised. That will cause a storm ...

We just got a mention for losing to Chelsea children on the Arsenal Chelsea semi final, apparently they beat our first team, i don’t think he knows how bad our first team else he wouldn’t of thought that was anything special

We just got a mention for losing to Chelsea children on the Arsenal Chelsea semi final, apparently they beat our first team, i don’t think he knows how bad our first team else he wouldn’t of thought that was anything special
I thin that he maybe takes more of a balanced view of our team than some of our supporters!
Incidentally Chelsea U21/U 23 or what the hell they are, did beat Pompey away and MK 4-0 away so are no mugs ..

I thin that he maybe takes more of a balanced view of our team than some of our supporters!
Incidentally Chelsea U21/U 23 or what the hell they are, did beat Pompey away and MK 4-0 away so are no mugs ..

I didn't realise that, so adds a bit of context to the defeat, I suppose.

Now, what can we find to soften the blow of Saturday's shambles...................

Bury have won the FA cup a couple of times, if that helps, was the last time they scored as well before Saturday.

Both MK and Pompey play reserve teams in this competition, although MKs reserves beat us in it, as did Brighton kids, thinking about it how did we even get this far? Maybe we are still in it, Shaun Harvey is really saddletramp and refuses to let us be knocked out to wind concrete Bob up?

Both MK and Pompey play reserve teams in this competition, although MKs reserves beat us in it, as did Brighton kids, thinking about it how did we even get this far? Maybe we are still in it, Shaun Harvey is really saddletramp and refuses to let us be knocked out to wind concrete Bob up?
Have you ever seen them together, curious!!!

Sitting with some Chelsea friends there who thought we completely lacked passion and were probably the slowest team they had ever seen. Couldn't argue otherwise.

Loving the general positivity on here about our chances which are very slim. I’m going for a 2-2 draw with goals from Obika and Buckley-Ricketts.

Thank God Chelsea didn't get to Wembley - well done Lincoln..

Back
Top Bottom