Away Match Day Thread 21/11/2020 L1 Wigan Athletic v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As some one that used to live in the north of Leicestershire, and enjoyed many an outing to Welford Road with the locals, I’ll 2nd that one!
Sorry; as a Gloucester supporter, it’s just the 2 out of three.

Hooray a win!

I now fully expect the Pompey game to get called off.

Wouldn’t be to bothered if it was, as important as it is to try and stay on top of the fixtures we will probably lose by a few goals there, whereas home against the shite is a good chance to get/keep a run going.

Poor judgement by Sam and completely caught under the ball.
Not looking forward to seeing Longy up against Portsmouth’s Ronan Curtis on Tuesday night.

He’s got to be switched on from minute one.

Curtis terrorised us in the first leg of the PO semi-final back in July particularly in the first half.

Yellows win✅
Win at the rugby✅
The B team win ✅
B team top of the Prem✅

great weekend so far (apart fro the result down the A420)A Leeds win tomorrow would top it off.😁

Wigan only had 2 chances i can remember. Eastwoods flap and their goal. Same back four against pompey and a more solid midfield. Maybe replace kelly with someone and i think we can come away with a point. Hit them on the break and we could get lucky and take all 3.

Not looking forward to seeing Longy up against Portsmouth’s Ronan Curtis on Tuesday night.

Curtis terrorised us in the first leg of the PO semi-final back in July particularly in the first half.
Curtis had the upper hand for the first 30 minutes or so of the first game. After that he was fairly anonymous and Long gave him nothing.

Wigan only had 2 chances i can remember. Eastwoods flap and their goal. Same back four against pompey and a more solid midfield. Maybe replace kelly with someone and i think we can come away with a point. Hit them on the break and we could get lucky and take all 3.
If you do t play Kelly (I thought he did ok today) you have to play Forde.
Kelly's delivery was very good today and we created from corners. Forde's has been excellent as well

Forde and Shodipo for Kelly and Obita. Depending on how Taylor is, maybe give Agyei a run up top and keep everyone fresh for Swindon.

Confidence means everything, Portsmouth must now think they are pretty unbeatable at home, however the history between the two sides over the last 60 years make this game more even than most people think.......
as it stands. There have been 68 games between the two sides, Portsmouth winning 25, Oxford Utd winning 23 and 20 draws, made worse with all 4 of our last games ending in draws....
Every game is important however this one could put us in tip top form for the big one next Saturday.
COME ON YOU YELLOWS....

But tbf the 2nd leg Sam coped with him and don’t forget Curtis is a petulant tosser

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom