• Ipswich Town

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 38 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well placed certainly but having watched the Sunderland v Lincoln game I do worry. Both side outshone anything Utd attempted and both sides looked purposeful organized and confident. Let's hope this class-difference isn't enough to blunt our attempts at promotion, straight-up or play-offs.

well placed certainly but having watched the Sunderland v Lincoln game I do worry. Both side outshone anything Utd attempted and both sides looked purposeful organized and confident. Let's hope this class-difference isn't enough to blunt our attempts at promotion, straight-up or play-offs.
Fiat point, they both looked decent, some of our players don’t seem to be putting their bodies on the line, Tranmere’s first goal Ruffles just watched, he should’ve made a last ditch block, these things can be the difference....

Fiat point, they both looked decent, some of our players don’t seem to be putting their bodies on the line, Tranmere’s first goal Ruffles just watched, he should’ve made a last ditch block, these things can be the dif

Fiat point, they both looked decent, some of our players don’t seem to be putting their bodies on the line, Tranmere’s first goal Ruffles just watched, he should’ve made a last ditch block, these things can be the difference....
Agree with that, having said that though, Eastwood should never have been beaten so easily on his near post, could have got a bus between him and the post.

I had a dream we won 2-1 with Winnal getting the winner in the 90th minute. 🤐

Always dangerous dreaming about games before hand though, the play off final didn't go the same as my dream.

I just hope the players turn up and put a good performance in right from the kick off.

Robinson’s always been pretty loyal to players in a way that Wilder for example, wasn’t always. Think it’s a good thing overall - he stuck with Ruffels, Long, even Dickie, through dodgy spells and it’s paid off in the end.

He doesn’t sign full backs (or defenders much) so his loyalty to those players was mainly down to not having many options.

A big game this weekend
.Ipswich are on a poor run of form and a win for us could spell the end for Lambert. Tuesday was a blip. Back to our impressive best I think with too much pace and skill for the tractor men. Looking forward to a hat trick from Taylor as he shrugs off his recent poor return

Be surprised if Taylor starts. He’s in very poor form and surely the whole point of signing Winnall is for instances like this where we have like for like replacements. The one temptation to start Taylor might be that he can’t be as bad again as he was on Tuesday and if we create the same sort of chances he’ll tuck one or two away. Nowhere near penalties though, that was a genuinely horrible penalty kick. Poor technique and too casual.

I think Taylor will start, mainly because he will be itching to prove that Tuesday was a blip.
Very happy Winnall is slowly getting there mind, good having the alternative.
Not sure which player would be best against an opponent like Ipswich either, I think Taylor.

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffles
Gorrin Brannagan Lee
Sykes Winnall Barker.
Subs: Eastwood Grayson Kelly Henry Shodipo Taylor Ageyi.

With the players that are available the back 4, gorrin and Brannagan are nailed on, then plenty of options further forward. I dont think KR will go with shodipo and barker, as he likes a pacy player to bring on in the 2nd half. Hopefully another 3 points. COYY.

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffles
Gorrin Brannagan Lee
Sykes Winnall Barker.
Subs: Eastwood Grayson Kelly Henry Shodipo Taylor Ageyi.

With the players that are available the back 4, gorrin and Brannagan are nailed on, then plenty of options further forward. I dont think KR will go with shodipo and barker, as he likes a pacy player to bring on in the 2nd half. Hopefully another 3 points. COYY.
Sykes. Gorrin Brannigan

Lee. Winnall. Barker

Robinson’s always been pretty loyal to players in a way that Wilder for example, wasn’t always.
No manager is ‘loyal’ (what does that word even mean?) to every single player. Be it Chris Wilder, Karl Robinson, Michael Appleton or anybody else. Selling a player or dropping a player, or improving the squad doesn’t make you disloyal anymore than picking a player regularly means you’re loyal. You pick the team you think will win (in theory) and you sign the players you think will improve your chances of success (mostly). What’s the criteria for this ‘loyalty’ exactly? I’m not sure it was particularly loyal of our current manager to claim he never wanted to sign certain players, who then have to go into training every day having heard that being said on the radio, or when he singled people out for criticism by name in front of the press. When did Chris Wilder do those things in that manner? Just so I know what makes him a disloyal manager compared to the current one.

If you’d ever seen Chris Wilder around Jake Wright on a day to day basis it would probably change your opinion on this perceived notion of ‘loyalty’. He loved that man so much he practically gave him a bubble bath rather than chucking him in the shower with everyone else. If he’d had a photo of him in his wallet I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid.

Anyway - tomorrow. 1-1.

Ipswich fans are wanting us to win so that Paul Lambert gets the push. A read of their forum shows what a joke Lambert is. He got a player to drive to a game 3.5 hours away and knew he wasn’t going to be on the bench! Very clever during a pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom