• Ipswich Town

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 38 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JH is a funny one , he is only 31 , his game has never been based on pace , while you would think performance would drop of a bit from being our playmaker and creating chances/ scoring a decent amount he seems to be struggling so much...wonder whether his injuries have been worse than realised ?
Yep I’ve noticed him stumbling while passing and running and he’s not hitting a lot of his shots well either.

I think KR picks Henry regularly on the basis that he knows 'what he can do' rather than form he is in. I've said before that if Henry and Cam are on top form we are easily one of the best teams in this league and they are match winners. The problem is at the moment neither of them are and in Henry's case he has been way off it since the first lockdown. Big shame as he was so influential but at the moment doesn't deserve to be starting.

I think KR picks Henry regularly on the basis that he knows 'what he can do' rather than form he is in. I've said before that if Henry and Cam are on top form we are easily one of the best teams in this league and they are match winners. The problem is at the moment neither of them are and in Henry's case he has been way off it since the first lockdown. Big shame as he was so influential but at the moment doesn't deserve to be starting.
IMO .... apart from a couple of mini hints n reminders of what he can do , Henry hasn't been 'firing on all cylinders' since the play off semi finals & final at the end of last 'season'

Can’t remember the last draw.
Was it ablackpool.
I’m sure we are due a 1-1 in a tight game. I was there last year for the 2-1 win. I’m absolutely amazed Lambert is still there. If they win I’m sure he will be signing an extension
You may have been at Ipswich last year for a 2-1 win, but it wasn’t Oxford. We won there 1-0 on 22nd February 2020 thanks to Matty Taylor.

You may have been at Ipswich last year for a 2-1 win, but it wasn’t Oxford. We won there 1-0 on 22nd February 2020 thanks to Matty Taylor.
Thank you for correcting me on that. I remember now as I stayed up there for two nights with an Ipswich supporting friend.
We parked across the road and it was easy in and out.
Ipswich we’re not at their best that day not that they’ve been much better since

sadly, I'm inclined to agree

IMO .... apart from a couple of mini hints n reminders of what he can do , Henry hasn't been 'firing on all cylinders' since the play off semi finals & final at the end of last 'season'
sadly, I'm inclined to agree

Henry has by his standards been very poor this season but is still way more effective in offence than say brannagan. Henry has 4 goals and 4 assists and a goal every 535 minutes. Brannagan has 1 goal and 0 assists, a goal every 996 munutes.

Henry has by his standards been very poor this season but is still way more effective in offence than say brannagan. Henry has 4 goals and 4 assists and a goal every 535 minutes. Brannagan has 1 goal and 0 assists, a goal every 996 munutes.
Brannagan was out for 3 months? 😅 To use your logic: compared to James Henry, Sam Long and Josh Ruffels have been more effective in offence..

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point. I was not comparing Cam with JH. I was pointing out that together on form they make us a very very good side. At the moment neither of them are, but I'm hoping!!

I think you're missing the point. I was not comparing Cam with JH. I was pointing out that together on form they make us a very very good side. At the moment neither of them are, but I'm hoping!!
I was referring to the bit about why robbo plays henry despite him not playing well i.e. hes not playing well but despite this still is our most creative midfielder (which the stats show) If only he could get back on form.

As many have said I also agree that a win here is a must, Especially after the shambles of the pizza cup.

We need to prove our metal here against a team that has been making headlines this week with the supporter protests and the ref thing against Northampton...

They will be out to prove a point, We must ride the storm and put them to the sword. We have the players.

Will be nice to see a confident win on Saturday.

Henry has been on the wane for a while been disappointing since the playoff games.

Edit.. I had not read above where this was covered glad others noticed, He has been all out of ideas. I particularly remember in the playoff one chance where he panicked Infront of goal and instead of shooting he tried to pass and messed the great chance up.. Since then he has not really been the same maybe just low on confidence at the mo.. Hopefully a goal may make all the difference, But we have not got time to wait for players to get their heads right now we need to play form players and keep them in the team no matter the name on the back of the shirt or what they have previously done for the team..

Luckily Winall seems to be buzzing now.. Great news for us.

Last edited:
With the problems they face, the tractor boys are looking to drive home a victory. They aspire to the days of Bobby Robson, and playing teams like Man'Ure and Weeds United. They have farmed out many of their youngsters on loan, and are up to their player Quota, so are limited player wise.
There's no sitting on the fence with this one, they've barley won recently, and with their manager on the verge of throwing in the trowel and move onto pastures new, the game is there for the raking.
What we can't afford though is those players who are on a number of yellows to misbeehive, just as we are turning a Corn'er. Stick to our game and we will naturally Cultivate chances for Taylor et al. No blaming each other, keep the mud slinging for the dressing room.
The weather's looking fine, just a cold trough milling on through, kr should be steering the U's to victory. We will add an Udder team to the list of victories this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom