• Ipswich Town

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 38 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich fans are wanting us to win so that Paul Lambert gets the push. A read of their forum shows what a joke Lambert is. He got a player to drive to a game 3.5 hours away and knew he wasn’t going to be on the bench! Very clever during a pandemic.
What an absolute knob!

No manager is ‘loyal’ (what does that word even mean?) to every single player. Be it Chris Wilder, Karl Robinson, Michael Appleton or anybody else. Selling a player or dropping a player, or improving the squad doesn’t make you disloyal anymore than picking a player regularly means you’re loyal. You pick the team you think will win (in theory) and you sign the players you think will improve your chances of success (mostly). What’s the criteria for this ‘loyalty’ exactly? I’m not sure it was particularly loyal of our current manager to claim he never wanted to sign certain players, who then have to go into training every day having heard that being said on the radio, or when he singled people out for criticism by name in front of the press. When did Chris Wilder do those things in that manner? Just so I know what makes him a disloyal manager compared to the current one.

If you’d ever seen Chris Wilder around Jake Wright on a day to day basis it would probably change your opinion on this perceived notion of ‘loyalty’. He loved that man so much he practically gave him a bubble bath rather than chucking him in the shower with everyone else. If he’d had a photo of him in his wallet I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid.

Anyway - tomorrow. 1-1.

Agree.

Managers are more selfish than players because their job is so insecure. A player will generally have the comfort of a one, two or three year deal and are unsackable. A manager, while financially secure within a contract, can be cast aside at any time and with only 91 other jobs out there plenty find it difficult to get back. Robinson won’t be in that category but first and foremost he will be thinking of the club, his employers and himself. The word ‘loyalty’ will not even enter the thought process of a top manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom