Votes: 14 42.4%

Votes: 7 21.2%

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
In the main had a decent game ....missed or chose not to see the kick on Mackie..... his assistant with the yellow flag may be an international level match official but imo wasnt all that in both halves of the game ....an 8 for the ref from me

He was fine.
I assume that he was a PL referee? They give an awful lot more than League 1 refs.
Sky were saying that out goal shouldn't have stood as Baptiste's free kick was a rolling ball.

He was fine.
I assume that he was a PL referee? They give an awful lot more than League 1 refs.
Sky were saying that out goal shouldn't have stood as Baptiste's free kick was a rolling ball.

The ball was rolling when he took the free-kick but then it only cancelled out the luck they got with the deflection for their goal as MApp had to point out a fair few times.

Good Ref who tried to play advantage where he could so helped keep the game flowing. Dealt with the Cancelo/Mackie situation well imo with a verbal bollocking for both. Cancelo was pathetic though and I rather enjoyed Mackie giving him the verbals as Cancelo got less and less confident as it went on. The reason it isn't higher than an 8 for me, apart from the Cancelo/Mackie incident, there was little nastiness etc so a relatively easy game to Ref. I suspect he would find our next game wouldn't be like that.

He missed a bad foul on Brannigan which could have been a yellow but he didn’t even give a foul. Made a couple similar errors but overall was very good; 7 is the highest score I can remember giving!

Perhaps it was more of a reflection that both teams played the game in good spirit that there weren’t any bookings. Guy behind me was imploring us to foul their players in our own half to stop them getting forward. If we’d played like that we’d have had a few yellows. But I’m glad we didn’t.

I did wonder about a few “kicking the ball away” but City did it just enough to slow play down for ten seconds without it being blatant.

Much better than we normally have to put up with. He's reffed a few Prem games but is mostly a Championship official. Got it wrong by allowing our goal as the ball was moving but he'd allowed City to start play again in similar circumstances many times. If we'd been playing in the league and had lost at home 3-1 to anyone I suspect we would have been a bit more angry about no action being taken when Brannagan was getting rough treatment and the kick on Mackie. Also our free-kick which led to the goal was soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom