Home Match Day Thread +++ 17/3/2018 OUFC v PETERBOUROUGH +++

Thought when Napa came on yesterday, he did relatively well. Put himself about,made some decent runs and had 2 goal scoring opportunities taken from him. Gino took far too long to pass it when Napa was running down the right of the pitch with no defender was near him and when Gino finally passes it he sends it wide. And Ricardinho with his sitter he missed if he squared it Napa had a tap in.

Anyway thought Napa showed real class yesterday playing a position he isn't used too and not being afraid of the physical battle and battling against 2 center halves who where atleast a foot bigger.

He has a lot of promise the only thing that let him down yesterday was balance, slipped two or three times when turning on edge of box.

Our front line is made of tissue paper and balsa wood, who remembers Jonny a being stretchered off then getting off the stretcher and trying to get back on the pitch.
My god let’s find another player like him.

He is getting the useful knack of scoring. Hopefully he can continue today's form.

As an aside, I did like the formation today which the midfield looked far more comfortable and able to influence the game.

I think Brannagan had a big part to play in that too. Great work rate and covered brilliantly. Allowed Lego to do his thing without being caught out. I thought those two Henry and Dickie were fantastic yesterday. If we keep Nelson and managed to pick up Kane I think we'd have the foundations of something that could challenge next season. Given a good chunk of investment in a striker and a few of the problem spots, we could be a very different side to the one that has laboured this season. That being said we still have work to do just to be in this league next season. On a side note I thought Thomas was more aggressive and sharper today than in a long while. It really makes a difference when we press from the front.

Last edited:
“The supporters clearly influenced the referee”. Bloody supporters, eh? Who’d have ‘em?

He also missed mentioning the late challenge on Napa by Baldwin which deserved a caution as well. We obviously failed to influence the Ref on that occasion.

I don’t have twitter but I’m sure Evans does. Someone should take Evans to task on this, I’d love to hear what he might have to say for himself.....

Agreed. Somebody should ask him who introduced the 'fake injury Drinks Break' to reorganise his team first, him or Westley?

it's a bit rich evans calling us out for time wasting, he had his team over at every stoppage and at one point in first half (when we were in control) he got Steven Taylor to go down pretending to be injured so he could give instructions to his midfield.

Pretty sure he tried to get the ref to book Eastwood for kicking the ball towards where a free kick was given. Even though the ball bounced right next to him and he could've stopped it he still complains.

Don't get me wrong good manager but seems he always has to try to influence the game with moaning about decisions and screaming and shouting and waving his arms about if he doesn't get what he wants.

Good game management yesterday from us. We showed passion and commitment. Mousinho aswell second half lead the side really well making sure we didn't get too complacent.

As for Evans. What horrible little w****r he is. A short arsed bully boy who for most of the game, reffed it from the touchline but had the gall to complain about decisions. What a pathetic weasel of a human being he is. Thanks for the 3 points!

Yup absolute tool! I’m not sure how he gets away with it?

Because he’s so charming off the pitch of course.

A much better performance yesterday. As others have said, Brannigan looks a decent player and Dickie is a good defender and good on the ball too.

Having said that, just watched the goals on TV, and our marking for their goal was atrocious. About 8 of our players in the box and 2 of theirs and Marriot just left in space on his own behind the centre backs, possibly being marked by ASB, but he had to go with the runner.

I think with the number of teams now below us we should be safe.

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 12.26.24 pm.png

This run of games looks absolutely crucial. Great that they're all at home. A real opportunity to take points off the chasing pack and win us some points against some of the division's weaker sides. Get at least 5 points and I reckon we're ok. Good that we also have Rochdale at home in the penultimate game of the year for the same reason. Also nice that that ^ run of games is followed by Wigan away, before Rochdale is obviously followed by Blackburn away. Get some points on the board in those easier games (touch wood) and it takes a lot of pressure off those two difficult fixtures.

Also, we play at Shrewsbury the weekend before their JPT (or whatever the f**k it is these days) Final against Lincoln. Might they rest some players / have one eye on the final? Perhaps not, but could make an otherwise very tricky looking fixture slightly more palatable.

View attachment 319

This run of games looks absolutely crucial. Great that they're all at home. A real opportunity to take points off the chasing pack and win us some points against some of the division's weaker sides. Get at least 5 points and I reckon we're ok. Good that we also have Rochdale at home in the penultimate game of the year for the same reason. Also nice that that ^ run of games is followed by Wigan away, before Rochdale is obviously followed by Blackburn away. Get some points on the board in those easier games (touch wood) and it takes a lot of pressure off those two difficult fixtures.

Also, we play at Shrewsbury the weekend before their JPT (or whatever the f**k it is these days) Final against Lincoln. Might they rest some players / have one eye on the final? Perhaps not, but could make an otherwise very tricky looking fixture slightly more palatable.

There’s no way Shrewsbury are going to rest players in the league. Have you seen the top of the table? They’re right in it for the automatics and need every point.

View attachment 319

We don't win against Southend so that can be written off for points.

I just hope it doesn't come down to needing to beat Southend...

Thought when Napa came on yesterday, he did relatively well. Put himself about,made some decent runs and had 2 goal scoring opportunities taken from him. Gino took far too long to pass it when Napa was running down the right of the pitch with no defender was near him and when Gino finally passes it he sends it wide. And Ricardinho with his sitter he missed if he squared it Napa had a tap in.

Anyway thought Napa showed real class yesterday playing a position he isn't used too and not being afraid of the physical battle and battling against 2 center halves who where atleast a foot bigger.

He has a lot of promise the only thing that let him down yesterday was balance, slipped two or three times when turning on edge of box.

GVK stitched up Napa in that move.

Back
Top Bottom